The Mid-Continent Public Library is offering virtual events to educate and entertain. To access these events, go to https://www.mymcpl.org/events/virtual-events.
Upcoming events include:
• Virtual Storytimes: 10 a.m., Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
• Get the Grant: 10 a.m., May 23. Join Stephanie Parris, founder of Guardian Accounting Services to go over methods for tracking grant funds for their appropriate use in Quickbooks.
• Write-In: 9:30 a.m., May 26 and May 27. This is a virtual write-in on Zoom. Participants will have a chance to chat with other writers, talk about their project, and then focus on writing. Register for this event by visiting mymcpl.org and then going to Virtual Events.
• Move and Groove Dance party with Mr. Stinky Feet: 10 a.m., May 26. Come rock with Jim “Mr. Stinky Feet” Cosgrove.
• Intro to “Bingeing”: Watching Streaming Video: 1 p.m., May 27. This is an introduction to streaming video and how to use it.
• Visit the Horses at Von Holten Ranch: 2 p.m., May 27. Join Missouri author Brandy Von Holten as she introduces the horses and mules from her book, Adventures at Von Holten Ranch.
• World Music 101 (Bilingual): 4 p.m., May 27.
• Animals, Tails and Tales: 10 a.m., May 28. Join storyteller Joyce Slater for songs, stories and puppets as you meet bears, turtles, cats, dogs and a chicken.
• Begin Hand Lettering: 7 p.m., May 28. Learn the basics of gorgeous hand lettering using faux calligraphy techniques with no special tools.
• Under Pressure: 2 p.m., May 29. How much power is available for the air? What can we do with it? What do we mean by “atmospheric pressure”?
• Tinkering with Toys: 4 p.m., May 29. Learn how to make toys from common items around the house. Practice STEAM skills to try and make these toys work better.
– Nancy Melton