Lunches provided (by delivery or take out only) by area community centers during the week of June 1.
Vesper Hall, 400 N.W. Vesper St., Blue Springs. Due to the coronavirus emergency, meals are being offered by delivery only. To reserve a meal call 816-228-0181 by 2 p.m. one working day prior to the meal. Cost: $3.50 donation for ages 60 and older; $5.75 fee for ages 59 and younger.
NOTE: There may be some variance in these menus due to the current emergency.
• Monday: Shepherd’s pie, mashed potatoes, steamed peas and carrots, pears in gelatin.
• Tuesday: Chili dog, California blend veggies, sun chips, diced peaches.
• Wednesday: Baked pork chop, lemon peppered broccoli, black-eyed peas, strawberries.
• Thursday: Beef taco, Spanish rice, refried beans, tropical fruit.
• Friday: Ham au gratin casserole, peas and carrots, Mexican corn, pears.
Fairmount Community Center, 217 S. Cedar St., Independence. Due to the coronavirus emergency, meals are being offered for take out. Take out meals are $5 or $3.50 for members and reservations for these meals should be made 24 hours in advance: call 254-8334. Each meal is served with bread or roll and milk.
• Monday: Spaghetti and meatballs, Italian vegetables, dessert.
• Tuesday: Apricot pork, scalloped potatoes, carrots, dessert.
• Wednesday: Parmesan chicken, ranch potatoes, Antigua vegetables, dessert.
• Thursday: Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, cauliflower with cheese, dessert.
• Friday: Pineapple ham, au gratin potatoes, peas and carrots, dessert.
Palmer Center, 218 N. Pleasant St., Independence. Due to the coronavirus emergency, lunch is being served by delivery only. Reserve your meal by calling 816- 325-6200. Inclement weather line: 325-7999 ext. 4. All meals are served with milk. There may be variations in the menu due to the current emergency.
The delivered meals are provided via the Mid-America Regional Council, which does not provide advance menus.