The Jackson County Public Works/Environmental Health Division conducts inspections anywhere food is handled, prepared and served to the public for cities other than Independence.
• Vertigo Bar & Grill, 625 N.W. Mock Ave. – On Jan. 25, inspectors noticed dented cans on the shelving unit in the dry storage area; corrected. Cooked taco meat in the walk-in cooler had not dates or labeling; corrected.
• Bob Evans, 1117 N. M-7 – On Jan. 26, the interior of the microwaves on the cooks line were dirty; corrected.
• Jimmy John's, 706 N. M-7 – On Jan. 26, the soda nozzles at the drive thru were dirty; corrected.
• QuikTrip, 1201 N. M-7 – On Jan. 26, tea nozzles had build-up in them; corrected.
• McDonald's, 814 N. M-7 – On Jan. 29, the Q-ing oven on the cooks line had an accumulation of dry food debris on the interior.
• Minsky's Pizza, 1251 N.E. Rice Road – On Jan. 24, the rack used to hold pizza dough had an accumulation of build-up, the interior of the ice machine and behind the ice shield had a black build-up, the interior of the salad make-table had an accumulation of dry food debris, the interior of the microwaves had a large accumulation of dry food and build-up on the top, and the base of the soda gun and nozzle at the bar were dirty (where nozzle screws on); re-inspection required for all violations. Multiple pans of prepared food in multiple coolers and make-tables were not labeled; re-inspection required. Multiple containers of food were held more than 7 days; discarded. A pan of raw pizza dough was overflowing its container and was in direct contact with dirty rails of dough rack; contaminated dough was discarded. A container of tobacco was stored in the same container as spice bottles; tobacco was discarded.
• Mr. Sushi, 995 N.E. Rice Road – On Jan. 25, raw chicken was above cut stir-fry vegetables; corrected.
• Longview Phillips 66, 3325 S.W. 3rd St. – On Jan. 26, a carton of raw eggs was stored on the shelf above milk in the walk-in cooler.
• Subway, 3532 S.W. Market St. – On Jan. 26, the chemical dispenser was not dispensing the quat sanitizer at the right concentration. There was residue build-up in the nozzles on the soda machine.
• Pepper Jax Grill, 1720 N.W. Chipman Road – On Jan. 29, the soda nozzles had a build-up of black residue inside of them; corrected.
• Sarpino's Pizzeria, 506J S.E. M-291 – On Jan. 29, a baby roach was seen inside of the office area; re-inspection required. A container of meat was held past of the expiration date; discarded. The sanitizer was testing low and not at the proper concentration of 200-400 ppm; corrected.
• St. Michael the Archangel High School Cafeteria, 2901 N.W. Lee's Summit Road – On Jan. 29, stainless steel cleaner was found by the condiments; corrected.
• Subway, 506-E S.E. M-291 – On Jan. 29, there was residue built up in the top of the microwave. The concentration of the sanitizer was reading less than 200-400 ppm at approximately 100 ppm, and the temperature of the sanitizer was cold; corrected.
• Domino's, 795 Rice Road – On Jan. 29, a glass cleaner bottle was found on the make-ready table above the cheese; corrected.
– Jillayne Ritchie