A St. Louis man pleaded guilty in federal court to his part in a sex trafficking conspiracy that involved two women found in an Independence motel.

Calvin Anthony Miller, 35, also known as “Cerius Blacc,” pleaded guilty in federal court in Kansas City to two counts of transporting an individual across state lines for prostitution. He admitted to a sex-trafficking conspiracy that lasted approximately March 1, 2015, to Oct. 15, 2016, in which he forced two victimized women into prostitution. The charges, contained in a Nov. 2, 2016, federal indictment, stemmed from Operation Cross Country X, an international FBI investigation of sex trafficking in partnership with local law enforcement.

According to court documents, a federal undercover agent assisted Independence Police, posing as a customer attempting to hire a prostitute for sex. On Oct. 14, 2016, the agent located an online listing that included provocative and partially nude photos along with a description and some possible sex acts. The agent contacted the woman and arranged a meeting at a hotel.

That woman became a witness and provided law enforcement with information about Miller, whom she said was a violent pimp, and his cousin, co-defendant Henry Dailey, 37, also of St. Louis. Dailey pleaded guilty in June 2017 to transporting an individual across state lines for prostitution.

The witness led officers to an Independence hotel, where they found two victims.

Victim 1 told officers Miller was violent and abusive, breaking her hip at one point, and that she had met him in March 2015 and never been allowed to go back home. She told officers, “If I tell you anything he will kill me,” and started crying, saying she didn't believe police could provide enough security to protect her from “these guys.”

Victim 2 told the detective she wanted to get away from the group and just wanted to go home. Each victim said Miller required them to work for a prostitution ring based in St. Louis, threatening them with violence and death if they tried to leave, and took all of their money. They also said he forced them to use drugs to keep them addicted and dependent on them.

While at the hotel, officers determined Miller had rented two rooms on the third floor and a room on the first floor, and they found him on the third floor and arrested him.

Under federal statutes, Miller faces up to life in federal prison without parole. He will be sentenced at a later date.