The Jackson County Public Works/Environmental Health Division conducts inspections anywhere food is handled, prepared and served to the public for cities other than Independence.
• Burritos To Go, 1610 S. M-7 – On March 29, inspectors found two large dented tomato sauce cans on the shelves; corrected.
• Real Jalisco Fine Mexican Cuisine, 1711 S.W. M-7 – On March 29, one live roach was observed crawling on the hot hold make-ready table and one dead roach under the cold make-ready table; Truly Green Pest Service sprayed on March 27, re-inspection required.
• Minsky's Pizza, 2201 N. M-7 – On March 30, the automatic sanitizer dispenser was not dispensing at the proper concentration; manager manually mixed the sanitizer and will continue to do so until dispenser can be fixed. Inspectors found multiple bags of chicken wings and a couple of containers of ground meat undated in the walk-in the cooler.
• Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar, 625 N.W. Murray Road – On March 14, pans of ready-to-eat foods were not date marked; corrected.
• Lakewood Oaks Golf Club, 651 N.E. St. Andrews Circle – On March 15, inspectors found two unlabeled chemical bottles; corrected.
• The Peanut, 219 S.E. Main St. – On March 15, the soda nozzles at the bar had a build-up of yellow residue on them, and the meat slicer had a build-up of residue on it; corrected, repeat violations. The silver ice machine had a build-up of black residue within it.
• Konrad's Kitchen and Tap House, 302 S.W. Main St. – On March 16, the make table cooler in the front of the grill was not maintaining food at a temperature of 41 degrees or below; food was discarded and the dial was turned down. The microwave had an accumulation of residue inside it, and the potato slicer had a build-up of debris and residue on it; corrected.
• Sahara Mediterranean Food, 705 S.E. Melody Lane – On March 16, inspectors found an unlabeled spray bottle of yellow solution; corrected.
• Hy-Vee Bakery, 302 N.E. Rice Road – On March 19, the microwave had a large accumulation of residue inside it, and dirty sheet pans were stack on top of clean sheet pans; corrected.
• Hy-Vee Market Grille/Chef Station, 301 N.E. Rice Road – On March 19, a sheet pan of undated cooked chicken was found in the walk-in cooler; corrected.
• Aikou Chinese Restaurant, 608 N.E. M-291 – On March 20, raw beef was stored above cut vegetables in the walk-in cooler and the front reach-in cooler, raw chicken was above raw shrimp and cut vegetables in the walk-in cooler; all were corrected.
• Long John Silvers/A&W, 707 N.E. Rice Road – On March 20, inspectors found an unlabeled bottle of blue solution; corrected.
• Knights of Columbus, 1800 S.W. M-150 – On March 20, dust accumulation was observed on the fan guard in the two-door reach-in cooler.
• Papa John's Pizza, 422 S.E. M-291 – On March 20, the automatic sanitizer dispenser was not dispensing the solution at the proper concentration; manager will hand mix sanitizer and test it until it can be fixed.
• Places Restaurant, 1001 N.W. Chipman Road – On March 21, an employee was observed working with raw chicken and then handling the plastic wrap box without taking gloves off or washing their hands; corrected.
• Westside Grill & Bar, 221 S. M-291 – On March 21, two spray bottles filled with blue solution were unlabeled; corrected.
• Whistle Stop Coffee & Mercantile, 227 S.E. Main St. – On March 21, the quat sanitizer was too strong; corrected.
– Jillayne Ritchie