The Blue Springs Office Passport Fair is making it extra convenient to submit a passport application. They will accept walk-in passport applications from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 25, at 500 S. W. South Ave.
Postal customers are urged to make a passport application appointment online by visiting usps.com/passport and clicking the “Schedule an appointment” link. Walk-in customers are also welcome, but are only assisted on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to those with appointments.
The cost for a passport book is currently $145 for ages 16 and older, and the cost of passport cards for ages 16 and older is currently $65. The current passport card cost for those under 16 is $50. Children under 16 must be accompanied by both parents when applying for a passport or passport card.
Identification (original and a copy), is required to prove U.S. citizenship, such as:
• Previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport
• Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state (hospital-issued birth certificates are acceptable)
• Consular report of birth abroad or birth certificate
• Naturalization certificate
• Certificate of citizenship
In addition, one current ID is required, such as:
• Naturalization certificate.
• Valid driver's license
• Current government ID (city, state or federal)
• Current military ID (military and dependents)
The passport application also requires a recent passport photograph (2” X 2”). Postal clerks at the Passport Center also offer passport photo services for $15 per photo.
To speed up the process, applicants are encouraged to print and complete their applications ahead of time by going online at usps.com/passport. Do not sign the application form, as it must be witnessed by the passport acceptance clerk.