Sugar Creek Branch Library is offering the following activities for the month of May. The library is located at 102 S. Sterling Ave. All activities are free, but registration is required, call 816-701-3489.
• Teen Night: 5 p.m. May 4. Teens hang out together for fun, games and fellowship.
• Email Basics: 11 a.m. May 8. Learn more about getting around on your computer in this class, which offers insights into hardware and software components.
• Low Impact Cardio Exercise: 12:30 p.m. May 9 and 23. Come and let us work out together for fitness and strength. Wear your gym clothes and shoes and get the heart pumping.
• Preschool Story Time: 11:30 a.m. May 9 and 23.
• After Lunch Book Club: 3 p.m. May 10 and 24. Join us for an After Lunch Book Club as we read and discuss great books. Discussions will be moderated by Shirl Maldonado.
• Internet Basics: 11 a.m. May 15. Learn what the Internet and your Internet browser can do for you! This class concentrates on the basics of online searches.
• Kids Coloring: 4 p.m. May 16.
• Walking Group: 12:30 p.m. May 16. Come walk with us for fun and fitness.
• Computer Basics: 11 a.m. May 22 and 29. Sign up for a free e-mail account and follow along this tutorial teaches the ins and outs of sending and receiving email, as well as how to organize your messages.
• Book Club: 2:30 p.m. May 22, Mount Washington Senior Apartments, 570 S. Evanston, Independence. Books provided by the Sugar Creek Branch Library, with discussions moderated by Mary Roberson.
• Crafts: 4 p.m. May 23.
• Family Movie – Secret Life of Pets: 2 p.m. May 26. Join us for a family movie on the last Saturday of the month.
– Jillayne Ritchie