As part of the ongoing operations changes with Independence Health Department, effective May 14, health permitting services in the city will relocate to City Hall, 111 E. Maple Ave.

Health permits can be obtained on the second floor of the building in the Community Development Department, which is open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.

Health permits are required for the following types of establishments: food service, retail food, lodging, daycares, swimming pools, tattoo parlors and massage parlors.

Food handler and food manager classes will continue to be held at the Health Department, 515 S. Liberty St., until further notice. Call 816-325-7803 with any questions.