The Jackson County Public Works/Environmental Health Division conducts inspections anywhere food is handled, prepared and served to the public for cities other than Independence.
• Blue Springs Country Club, 1600 N.W. Circle Drive – On April 25, the automatic sanitizer dispenser was not dispensing at a concentration high enough; employees will manually mix sanitizer and test batches until it can be evaluated and fixed.
• Pancho's Mexican Food, 802 S.W. U.S. 40 – On May 2, eggs in the make-ready table were over stacked and the temperature of the eggs on top were 56 degrees; discarded, re-inspection required. Chemical bottles on the shelving unit had no labels; corrected. The can opener in the kitchen area had a build-up of food residue; corrected.
• Casey's General Store, 101 S. Buckner-Tarsney Road – On April 25, multiple containers of meat were found undated in the reach-in cooler; discarded, repeat violation, re-inspection required.
• Little General Store, 19300 E. U.S. 24 – On April 30, inspectors noticed a dent in a can of soup; corrected. The ice chute had white build-up; corrected. Raw eggs were stored above the butter and sour cream; corrected.
• American Garage #1, 1 S.E. 4th St. – On April 25, the nozzles on the soda guns at the bar were dirty; corrected.
• Subway, 506-E S.E. M-291 – On April 25, a soda nozzle had a pink residue build-up inside of it; corrected.
• Culver's, 1701 N.E. Douglas St. – On April 25, containers of raw fish in the cold hold were 52 degrees; discarded, re-inspection required.
• KFC, 300 N.E. Rice Road – On April 25, multiple soda nozzles had a build-up of brown residue on them; corrected. Two large cans of food were sharply dented; removed from storage.
• McAlister's Deli, 910-C N.W. Blue Pkwy. – On April 26, multiple spray bottles were found without labels; corrected.
• Panera Bread, 1305 N.E. Douglas St. – On May 1, the inside top of the ice machine had a build-up; corrected.
• Burger King, 1399 N.E. Douglas St. – On May 2, inspectors found cracks in pans stored on clean dish rack; corrected.
• McDonald's, 3275 SW. 3rd St. – On May 2, a spray bottle of disinfectant was found hanging on the storage rack across from the ware washing station where sundae toppings are stored; corrected. Multiple soda nozzles in the lobby had a brown residue built-up inside of them; corrected. The cooler used for holding yogurt next to the ovens was found out of temperature during this inspection; discarded, re-inspection required.
– Jillayne Ritchie