1. Wine & Brew Walk – You're invited to the 8th annual Wine & Brew Walk from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Friday on the historic Independence Square. Participants will receive a souvenir wine glass to sample wines, beer and spirits from multiple wineries, breweries and distilleries as they enjoy the charm of The Square. Why not indulge in the VIP Experience, which allows you to enter one hour prior to the general admission ticket holders. You may also sit back and relax in the VIP area before the event begins; listen to live music, enjoy delicious heavy appetizers and a signature cocktail. General admission guests check-in is from 5:30 to 7 p.m., at Exchange Event Space, 113 W. Lexington Ave. (street level at the Courthouse Exchange Restaurant); VIP guests check-in starts at 4:30 p.m. at Diamond Bowl & Billiards, 218 N. Osage St. General admission tickets are $25 before Friday or $30 at the door; and VIP tickets are $40, and may be purchased at https://squarewinebrew2018.eventbrite.com.
2. Third Day Farewell Tour – The four-time Grammy Award-winning and multi-platinum selling band Third Day, along with special guest Matt Maher, will be at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena tonight, 19100 E. Valley View Pkwy., Independence. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.; with showtime at 7:30 p.m. The Farewell Tour will feature a full slate from the band's 31 No. 1 radio singles, as well as new material from Mac Powell and the Family Reunion, as well as new music from Mark Lee featuring stories from his book “Hurt Road.” Tickets range from $19.92 to $38, and may be purchased at the Arena, or online at ticketmaster.com.
3. National Marina Day – Bass Pro Shops and Jackson County Parks + Rec have teamed up for this annual event that is jam-packed with fun activities for the entire family. The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, at the Lake Jacomo Marina, 7401 W. Park Road, Blue Springs, in Fleming Park. This free event offers complimentary boat rides, kayak rides, canoeing seminars, demonstrations, raffles, children’s activities, as well as safety information from the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Central Jackson County Fire Protection District, and more. For more information, visit www.MakeYourDayHere.com/JacomoMarina.
4. Lee’s Summit CARES presents: Got Talent – Now in its eighth season, the best and brightest from all across the region are all vying for a share of $6,000 in scholarship prizes. The show will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Lee’s Summit High School Performing Arts Center, 400 S.E. Blue Pkwy. Finalists will showcase a variety of talents, including vocalists, hip-hop dancers, instrumentalists, tap dancers, a hula hoop artist, a magician, a ballerina and a seven-piece band. Performers will be joined on stage by three guest judges, all Lee’s Summit alumni, who will determine this year's winners. Tickets are available for $15 online at LSTalent.com and at Lee’s Summit-area Price Chopper and Hy-Vee stores. Discounted tickets are available to senior citizens for $10 at Hy-Vee, 310 S.W. Ward Road.
5. The Life and Legend of Daniel Boone exhibit – Hosted by Jackson County Parks and Recreation, the exhibit will run from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday through Sundays, through June 30, at Fort Osage National Historic Landmark, 107 Osage St., Sibley. Full-color graphic panels throughout the gallery will help visitors come to understand who the real Daniel Boone was and how, during his lifetime, he became a national hero who was celebrated by the press and writers into the 20th century. Boone’s tie to Missouri covered more than two decades, including a visit to Fort Osage while on a hunting trip in 1816. Patrons will literally walk in Boone’s footsteps when they visit the reconstructed Fort and Factory trade house. The Boone exhibit is courtesy of the Kentucky Historical Society’s “Museums on the Go” program, and it's the first time that the exhibit has been on display outside of the State of Kentucky. The exhibition is included with $8 adult admission fee; $4 for youth and seniors.
HOW TO SUBMIT: Send your event and contact information to email@example.com. You can submit photos in jpg form.