The Jackson County Public Works/Environmental Health Division conducts inspections anywhere food is handled, prepared and served to the public for cities other than Independence.
• Hy-Vee Asian/ Hibachi /Sushi, 301 N.E. Rice Road – On June 22, raw chicken was stored above beef and pork in the walk-in cooler and raw meats were stored above cooked noodles in the reach-in cooler; both were corrected.
• Hy-Vee Kitchen/ Chef Station/ Chinese/ Salad Bar/Italian, 301 N.E. Rice Road – On June 22, inspectors found some foods out of temperature in a hot holding case; manager stated that the hot case was turned down 10 degrees too low, and adjusted for it, a re-inspection is required.
• Custard's Last Stand, 308 S.E. M-291 – On June 26, the soda nozzles had an accumulation of brown residue on them; corrected.
• Five Guys Burgers & Fries, 614 N.E. M-291 – On June 26, a bottle of chemicals was hanging on the storage racks over single-use gloves; corrected.
• Race Day Café, 7108 Ditzler – On June 14, the ice machine needed cleaning; owner called company to have machine serviced during inspection.
– Jillayne Ritchie