The Jackson County Public Works/Environmental Health Division conducts inspections anywhere food is handled, prepared and served to the public for cities other than Independence.
• Indian Mix Grill, 1214 N.W. M-7 – On Aug. 17, containers of food in the reach-in cooler across from the grill were not dated; corrected.
• Elks Lodge, 100 N.E. Brizendine Road – On Aug. 20, a package of cooked noodles was not date marked; corrected.
• Highway 7 General Store, 12416 S. M-7 – On Aug. 15, fried chicken tenders were not dated in the walk-in cooler; corrected.
• Captains Sports Lounge, 27909 E. Colbern Road – On Aug. 20, raw chicken was stored above raw beef; corrected.
• Subway, 3380 Fascination Drive – On Aug. 13, the walk-in cooler was not maintaining food at 41 degrees or below and the temperature logs showed that the cooler has been above 50 degrees since Aug. 10, except for the morning of Aug. 13, which was 34 degrees; all potentially hazardous food in the walk-in, reach-in cooler and the make-table coolers that were held in the walk-in cooler for more than two hours since Aug. 10 were discarded, re-inspection required.
• Longboards Wraps and Bowls, 506 S.E. M-291 – On Aug. 14, inspectors found an out of temperature cooler; all potentially hazardous foods were discarded, re-inspection required. A couple of soda nozzles had a brown residue built-up inside of them; corrected.
• Price Chopper Kitchen/Salad Bar/Deli, 1600 S.E. Blue Pkwy. – On Aug. 14, raw boxes of fish were stored underneath a box of raw beef and a box of raw chicken; corrected.
• Llywelyn's Pub, 301 S.E. Douglas St. – On Aug. 15, the dish washer at the front bar was not dispensing sanitizer; a repair man fixed it during inspection.
• Paradise Park, 1021 N.E. Colbern Road – On Aug. 16, a couple of soda nozzles had a brown residue built up inside of them; corrected.
• Spin! Neapolitan Pizza, 1808D N.W. Chipman Road – On Aug. 17, the soda nozzles had a build-up on the inside and a dirty knife was stored on the clean knife strip.
• Lee's Summit Medical Center, 2100 S.E. Blue Pkwy. – On Aug. 17, raw chicken was stored over raw fish; corrected.
• Waldo Pizza, 1543 N.E. Douglas St. – On Aug. 20, two separate coolers were not holding foods at 41 degrees or below; all potentially hazardous food was discarded, re-inspection required.
• Frankie Farelanes, 100 S.E. 3rd St. – On Aug. 21, a chemical sanitizer was hanging on a rack above packages of sugar; corrected.
• Main Slice 2, 1196 N.E. Douglas St. – On Aug. 21, a container of meatballs was found undated; corrected.
• Valero, 1601 N.E. Douglas St. – On Aug. 21, soda nozzles had accumulation of build-up; corrected.
• Blue Ridge Smoke Stop, 5220 Blue Ridge Cut-off – On Aug. 8, raw shell eggs were stored above jugs of milk; corrected.
• The Roc Café, 10500 E. Missouri-350 – On Aug. 8, food being held in the hot holding buffet did not have a temperature of 135 degrees or above; food was discarded, re-inspection required.
• MaMa China, 6623 Raytown Road – On Aug. 15, inspectors found uncovered shrimp in the walk-in cooler below other foods; corrected.
• Zedz 2, 10901 E. M-350 – On Aug. 20, chicken strips and bone-in chicken were being held below 135 degrees; all food was discarded, re-inspection required.
– Jillayne Ritchie