1. Ararat Shrine Circus: Shows are at 7:30 p.m. Friday, 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Silverstein Eye Centers Arena, 19100 E. Valley View Parkway, Independence. Doors open one hour before each performance. In their 83rd annual performance, the Ararat Shriners will share their acts and tricks as the area’s only three-ring circus. Tickets can be purchased by visiting silversteineyecentersarena.com and going to the events tab.
2. Square Lighting: 6 p.m. Friday, Pharaoh Cinema, 114 W. Maple Ave, Independence. The Square will be illuminated for the holiday season. Santa and Mrs. Claus will arrive on a sleigh, with $5 rides available after the ceremony. Free holiday activities, as well as food and shopping specials, will fill the night.
3. Best Little Arts & Crafts Show: 10 a.m.-7 p.m Friday, Roger T. Sermon Center, 201 N. Dodgion St., Independence. This annual show will welcome 110 booths, displaying Christmas items, candles, wreaths, jewelry and more.
4. Turkey Trails 5K & 10K: 8 a.m.-10 a.m. Saturday, Waterfall Park, 4501 S. Bass Pro Drive, Independence. This Thanksgiving-themed run will incorporate a costume contest, post-race food and fall activities. To register, visit runsignup.com/Race/MO/Independence/TurkeyTrails5k10k.
5. Amanda Brady Bowl for Epilepsy: 2 p.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, Lunar Bowl, 2001 N.W. Missouri 7, Blue Springs. This fundraiser supports the Purple Peace Foundation, which helps families affected by epilepsy by providing seizure monitors and resource forums. Along with three hours of bowling, a $25 ticket also enters attendees for hourly door prizes, as well as includes a T-shirt and shoe rental. Tickets can be purchased at eventbee.com/v/bowl4epilepsy#/tickets.
HOW TO SUBMIT: Send your event and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can submit photos in jpg form.