1. Carolers, Cookies and Santa: 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Saturday at the Independence Square. Horse-drawn carriages will ride through the Square, with carolers providing a cheerful Christmas soundtrack. Cookies and Santa will be waiting in the historic Truman Courthouse.
2. Ornament Make and Take: 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Saturday at the Jackson County Historical Society, Historic Truman Courthouse, 112 W. Lexington St., on the Independence Square. Visitors can make their own ornaments to add to their trees.
3. Night Before Christmas at the Museum: 2 p.m.-4 p.m. Saturday at National Frontier Trails Museum, 318 W. Pacific Ave., Independence. Storytellers will recite the classic “Night Before Christmas” story and children can participate in holiday themed crafts. Santa will make an appearance. Admission is $2 per person.
4. “Deck the Stage”: 7:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. Saturday at Blue Springs City Theatre, 2000 N.W. Ashton Drive. This silly, cynical show incorporates six short plays all based on well-known Christmas carols.
5. December Murder Mystery: 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Sunday at Sinclair’s Restaurant, 1402 N.W. Missouri 7, Blue Springs. Figure out this interactive, family-friendly murder mystery while enjoying a salad, main dish and dessert. Actors will be in character all night. Tickets are $50 per person.