Because of the Jackson County Courthouse in downtown Kansas City being closed this week, the county circuit court continues to reschedule canceled hearings.
The following judges are scheduled to hear their cases at another location Thursday in downtown Kansas City:
• Division 25, Judge Richard Standridge – Riederer Criminal Justice Complex, 1315 Locust St., Courtroom A; cases scheduled for 9 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
• Division 26, Judge Cory Atkins – Kansas City Municipal Court, 511 E. 11th St., Courtroom D; cases scheduled for 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
• Division 29, Judge Janette Rodecap – Riederer Criminal Justice Complex, Courtroom A; cases scheduled for 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
• Division 31, Judge Mary Weir – Kansas City Municipal Court, Courtroom D; cases scheduled for 9:30 a.m., 10 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 2 p.m.
• Division 43, Commissioner David Kimminau – Riederer Criminal Justice Complex, Courtroom A; cases scheduled for 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m.
Division 50 Drug Court, Commissioner David Fry – Heartland Behavioral Health Center, 1212 McGee St.; cases scheduled for 10 a.m., 2 p.m.
For those whose division is not listed and have a hearing scheduled downtown Thursday, it has been canceled unless you have heard from your attorney or the judge’s staff, the county says. Judges and their staffs are working with attorneys to reschedule cases. If your attorney has provided you updated information, follow those directions.
Information will be posted each afternoon on the court's website at www.16thcircuit.org in the “Public and Legal Notices” area of the home page. Missouri case.net, the statewide judicial online database, will also show a person's case number and latest hearing date posted.
The downtown courthouse at 415 E. 12th St., is closed this week because of building repairs from a water line break that happened overnight into Monday. The building also was closed last Thursday and Friday due to flooding in the basement.
For additional information, contact:
• Civil records: 816-881-4474
• Criminal records: 816-881-4501 or 881-3141
• Probate records: 816-881-4552