Weather and other factors have sharply curtailed blood supplies recently.
The Community Blood Center has set several mobile blood drives. Sign up at savealifenow.org.
• 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Independence Center, next to Victoria’s Secret.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 19 at Independence City Hall, 111 E. Maple St. (just east of the Square), conference room D.
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 24 at St. Mark’s Catholic Church, 3736 S. Lee’s Summit Road, Independence, in the parish center.
• 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. March 11 at Crossroads Hospice, 14310 E. 42nd St., Independence (in the Marketplace Shopping Center across from Price Chopper), in the conference room.
• 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. March 18 at St. John LaLande Catholic Church, 805 N.W. R.D. Mize Road, Blue Springs, in the parish center.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 27 at the Blue River campus of Metropolitan Community College in Independence.
The Community Blood Center also has a facility, open seven days a week, at 1124 S.W. U.S. 40 in Blue Springs, as well as others in the metro area. Call 816-224-0728.
The American Red Cross also holds blood drives. To make an appointment, call 1-800-
RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767), go to RedCrossBlood.org or use the Red Cross blood donor app.
Two upcoming events are:
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 11 at Saint Luke’s East Hospital, 100 N.E. Saint Lukes Blvd.
• 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 15 at Lee’s Summit Medical Center, 2100 S.E. Blue Parkway.