McConnel enters Theta Alpha Kappa
Molly McConnel of Independence received a membership to Theta Alpha Kappa at Central Methodist University. McConnell is a religion and church leadership major. Induction requires several semesters in good standing and a GPA of at least 3.5.
Students graduating from Emporia State
Several students from Eastern Jackson County will be graduating from Emporia State University on May 10 and 11:
• Rene M Burress of Blue Springs, Doctor of Philosophy in Library & Information Management.
• Caitlin Elizabeth Olson of Blue Springs, Cum Laude, bachelor's degree in Education in Elementary Education.
• Michael Steven Engelman of Independence, Master of Library Science with a concentration in Leadership and Administration.
• Denzel D'Vonte Strong of Independence, Bachelor of Science in Recreation with a minor in Coaching.
• Tiffany Marie Weyant of Independence, Master of Library Science with a concentration in Youth Services .
• Steven L. Williams of Independence, bachelor's degree in Business in Business Administration.
• Thomas Woodward of Independence, Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Information Systems.
Freemen initiated into Phi Kappa Phi
Hannah Freeman of Independence was recently initiated into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi at the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
Membership is by invitation only and requires nomination and approval by a chapter. Only the top 10 percent of seniors and 7.5 percent of juniors are eligible for membership.
Park University using military credit app
Park University is offering a new tool for students serving in the military.
The app, called the Military Credit Fast App, assessess military training and experience, and provides an estimate of earned military credits at Park and gives students an estimated graduation date. The credit awarded varies based on occupation, skill level and completed military courses.
Fort Osage honors top staff members
The Fort Osage School District honored five finalists for the A Step Above Support Staff Employee award at the District Steak Fry on April 29. The winner was custodian Julie Ann Dunlap.
Other finalists included Jenny Skaggs in the district technology office, April Smit of Buckner Elementary, Pam Miller of Elm Grove Elementary, Mandy Vasselle in food service, and Nancy Winslow of Fire Prairie Upper Elementary.
– Examiner staff