218-A N. Pleasant St., Independence, 816-325-6200.
• Keno Bingo, 12:30 p.m., Oct. 1. Win prizes playing this game that looks like PO-KE-NO. It’s played like bingo with a poker twist.
• Legacy Writing: 10:30 a.m., Sept. 20. Learn how to put your life into words to be shared.
• Discovering the Art in You, 10:30 a.m., Oct. 11. Explore a variety of techniques while creating some awesome artwork.
• Ice Cream Social & Chiefs Rally, 12:30 p.m., Sept. 20.
• AARP Smart Driver Course, 1-5 p.m., Sept. 24. Tune up your driving skills and your knowledge of the rules of the road. Pre-registration by Sept. 18 is required. Cost: $15 AARP member, $20 for non-member.
• Pantry Bingo, 12:40 p.m., Sept. 24. Play to win pantry items such as canned or dry goods.
• 60+ Afternoon Dance, 1-3 p.m., Sept. 25. Dance to the music of the Michael Lawrence Groupo. Bring store-bought foods and Palmer will provide beverages. Cost: $4.
400 N.W. Vesper St., Blue Springs, 816-228-0181
• Heartsaver first aid classes, 5-9 p.m. Oct. 9. Learn the duties and responsibilities of first aid rescuers and first aid actions for medical emergencies. Register by calling 816-228-0181 or go online to www.bluespringsgov.com/vesper.
• Silver and Strong, 8-8:45 a.m., Sept. 18, Sept. 25, Oct. 2, Oct. 9 and Oct. 16. This class will help you gain strength and flexibility. This consists of six 45-minute classes and includes dietary information. Register by calling 816-228-0181 or go online to www.bluespringsgov.com/vesper.
• Blood pressure check, 10-11:30 a.m., third Monday of each month.
• Hearing aid adjustment, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., third Tuesday of the month. No charge.
• AARP driving course, 1-5 p.m., Nov, 14. Register by calling 816-228-0181 or go online to www.bluespringsgov.com/vesper.
• Square Dance Party, 7:30-10 p.m., second Friday of each month, beginning in September and continuing through May. Cost: $6 at door.
Fairmount Community Center
217 S. Cedar, Independence, 816-254-8334
• Wii bowling, 10:15 a.m., Sept. 23.
• Bunco, 12:30 p.m., Sept. 17.
• Class on dementia, 10 a.m., Sept. 19.
Grain Valley Community Center
713 S. Main, Grain Valley, 816-847-6230
• Senior lunch and bingo, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. for lunch and 1-4 p.m. for bingo, first Wednesday of every month. Lunch is served by city and business leaders. Meals are prepared by the Grain Valley School District. Visiting Nurses Association will also offer free blood pressure checks.