The Jackson County Environmental Health Division Inspects sites where food is served outside Independence and Kansas City. Recent inspection results in Blue Springs include:
Hy-Vee International/Sandwich Shop/Caribou Coffee/Soup Station, 625 W. U.S. 40, inspected Aug. 16.
• There was construction equipment and tools that were not being used and needed to be removed from the kitchen area.
Hy-Vee Kitchen/Chef Station/Market Grille, 625 W. U.S. 40, inspected Aug. 16.
• There were toxic chemicals stored on the counter near single service items in the bar area. Corrected.
Hy-Vee Produce/Grocery/Dairy/Salad Bar island/Demo Kitchen, 625 W. U,S. 40, inspected Aug. 16. No violations recorded.
China One, 2005 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Aug. 16.
• The hand sink in the kitchen area was blocked.
• Cardboard was being used as a nonfood contact service near the fryer. Corrected.
Lunar Bowl, 2001 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Aug. 16.
• There were unlabeled chemical spray bottles. Corrected.
• The handwashing sink in the bar area was being used to store chemicals. Corrected.
•The spray nozzle in the rinse sink was hanging well below one inch of the rim of the sink basin. Corrected.
Casey’s General Store, 2900 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Aug. 19.
• Multiple clean utensils were stored inside drawers that had dried food debris. Corrected, manager took out all drawers with utensils and cleaned and sanitized them.
Burger King, 1001 N.E. Coronado Drive, inspected Aug. 19.
• The ice scoop in the drive-thru was being stored in a container full of dirty water. Corrected.
• The back door was propped open.
• Failed to provide valid food handler permits for multiple employees.
Kneaders of Blue Springs, 800 N.E. Coronado Drive, inspected Aug. 21.
• The heat sanitizer dishwasher was not reaching 160 degrees. Re-inspection required.
Goodcents Deli, 1330-1332 N. Missouri 7, inspected Sept. 3.
• There was no designated person in charge. Corrected. Employees on duty were unable to answer questions such as how to properly wash dishes using the three-compartment sink. Manager arrived 45 minutes after inspector arrived.
• There were live and dead roaches observed in the kitchen and prep areas. Re-inspection required.
• There was a chemical bottle that was not labeled with the name of the contents.
•The interior of multiple coolers were dirty. The interior of the microwave was dirty. The can opener blade and the base was dirty.
• Employees were observed cleaning and then handling food without washing hands between glove changes. Employee was observed walking through the front door and into the kitchen without washing hands before handling food.
• Cup used as scoop in noodles. Knife used for sandwiches was stored on a dirty surface.
• The gaskets on the coolers were dirty. The crevice around the cutting board was dirty. The interior of the utensil bucket on clean dish rack had slimy liquid build-up.
• Thermometers were not stored in all of the reach in coolers. Corrected.
• Failure to provide food handler card for several employees.