October Events for Trails West Library, 11401 E. 23rd St., Independence, 816-701-3483. No registration is requested unless indicated.
• Cardio Kickboxing: Abs Edition, 9:30 -10:30 a.m., Tuesdays. Punch and kick your way to good health. Fitness champion Nicki Jones will lead you through 10 to 12 rounds of punches, kicks, and cardio exercise.
• Full Body Chair Fitness, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Fridays. No matter what your limitations, you can still reap the physical, mental and emotional benefits of exercise. This class is designed to give you a total body workout.
• Kids’ Cafe, 4-5 p.m., Monday-Thursday. Healthy snack for children pre-K to high school.
• Career Resource Specialist Office Hours, 1-3 p.m., Tuesdays. Need resume help? Need help with job searching? Come visit Career Resource Specialist during these open office hours.
• Teen Drop-In Gaming, 5:30-7 p.m., Wednesdays. Come for a little friendly competition on the PS4, Nintendo Switch and more. Bring your friends and make new ones here.
• Medicare Made Easy, 1-2 p.m., Friday, Oct. 4. Learn everything you need to know about medicare in plain English.
• Live Long, Play Pong, 2-4 p.m., Fridays. No experience necessary. Just show up, play for fun or create a tournament.
• Zombies and Witches and Ghouls, OH MY!, 2 p.m., Oct. 6, 13 and 20. Celebrate the spookiest time of the year with three frightfully fun movies. All ages welcome and popcorn is provided.
• Teen Mindful Monday, 6-7 p.m., Oct. 28. The world is a stressful place. It’s nice to have a calming location to decompress. Learn some great mindfulness, de-stressing, and relation techniques. (For teens 12 +)