Critical violations during recent restaurant inspections by the city of Independence. Critical violations involve factors that can directly lead to foodborne illness.
Berrie Kabob, 19100 E. Valley View Parkway, inspected Oct. 12. No critical violations found.
Outback Steakhouse, 20000 E. Valley View Pkwy, inspected Oct. 15.
• Employee noted working with inappropriate nose piercings.
AMC Theatres Independence 20, inspected Oct. 16. No critical violations found.
Corner Cafe, 4215 S. Little Blue Pkwy, inspected Oct 16.
• Ready to eat PHF did not bear a date or the time/temp combination was exceeded. Bleu cheese dressing leaf lettuce and fruit found in walk-in past their use by date. Items were disposed of.
First Watch, 19321 E. U.S. 40, inspected Oct. 16.
• Server noted working in the dining room with inappropriate facial piercings.
• Area around soda nozzles found to be sticky.
Glendale Elementary School, 2611 Lee’s Summit Road, inspected Oct. 16. No critical violations found.
On The Border, 19921 E. Jackson Dr., inspected Oct. 16.
• Waitress noted working in restaurant with inappropriate facial piercings. Facial piercing is prohibited in food service by City Ordinance. Next offense will result in tickets to employee and manager on duty.
• Knives on magnetic strip on cook line found to be dirty.
• Sink was used for purpose other than hand washing. Green scrubbing pads found in the basin of the hand sink on the prep line.
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, 19510 E. US 40, inspected Oct. 16. No critical violations found.
QuikTrip, 2321 Lee’s Summit Road, inspected Oct. 16. No critical violations found.