1. Enchanted Forest – 7-9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, George Owens Nature Park, 1601 S. Speck Road. It's the final weekend for the non-scary family friendly Halloween event. Walk on a paved trail through the forest, visiting witty skits with elaborate costumes, with a castle scene along the pond. Sponsored by Powerhouse Theatre Foundation. Admission is $3 per person for ages 2-older. Concessions will be available for purchase. Call 816-325-7115 or 816-325-7370 for more information.
2. Fall Muster – Fort Osage National Historic Landmark, 107 Osage St., Sibley, will have its 33rd Annual Fall Muster this weekend, presented by Jackson County Parks + Rec and the 1st U.S. Infantry Living History Organization. The site is open 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. More than 40 reenactors and living historians will recreate a full day of activity at the fort from more than 200 years ago. Experiences include cannon firing, musket drill and firing, mounting of the guard and the issuing of the whiskey ration. Watch meal preparation using historic techniques and ingredients. Admission is $8 for adults and $4 for children age 5-13 and seniors 62-older. Children age 4-younger are free.
3. Halloween Parade – The 71st Annual Halloween Parade, hosted by the Independence Chamber of Commerce, will be 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday around the Square. The parade consists of numerous local businesses, organizations and community leaders – plenty of them in costume and with candy to distribute.
4. The Freedom Endeavor – This exhibit by Missouri photographer Steve Snyder is on display in Lee's Summit's City Hall, 220 SE Green St., through Nov. 22. The exhibit honors Missouri veterans through artistic photos, shown currently in civilian life while holding a picture of themselves from their time in service – often with great contrast. Snyder compiled the portraits over the course of four years.
5. Minor league hockey – The Kansas City Mavericks host the Toledo Walleye for a pair of games this weekend, at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Tickets, starting at $18, remain at the box office and at kcmavericks.com.