November events are planned at the Sugar Creek Branch of the Kansas City Public Library, 102 S. Sterling Ave., Sugar Creek, 816-701-3489. Registration is required unless otherwise indicated.
• Monday through Thursday – noon to 7 p.m.
• Friday and Saturday – 1 to 5 p.m.
• Diabetes Workshop, Get Back to Better: 1-3:30 p.m., Wednesdays from Nov. 6 through Dec. 18. This is a free six-week workshop offering help in managing diabetes. Subjects covered will include preventing or delaying complications, preventing low blood sugar, and a formula for a healthy eating plan. Register by calling the Sugar Creek Branch.
• Tech Talk: 2-3 p.m., Saturdays. Bring a new device to the library and staff will assist you with setting up an email account, searching the internet, downloading apps on a smartphone and other technological tasks. No registration is required.
• Basket Weaving for Adults: 1-4 p.m., Nov. 5. Make a basket at this class. The class is limited to 10, so sign up online at kclibrary.org or call the Sugar Creek Branch. Bring an old bath towel and a small-blade screwdriver to class.
• After Lunch Book Group: 3 p.m., the second Thursday of every month to discuss a variety of books. Ask the service desk for the current book title. No registration is required.