Many events are planned for November at the Colbern Road branch of the Mid-Continent Public Library, 1000 N.E. Colbern Road, Lee’s Summit. For further information or to register for events, call 816-525-9924 or go to mymcpl.org/events.
Registration is required unless otherwise stated.
• Monday thru Friday – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Saturday – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Sunday – 1 to 5 p.m.
• American Red Cross Blood Drive: 10 a.m. Nov. 29. The library is sponsoring a blood drive for the American Red Cross. Please make an appointment to donate blood online at www.redcrossblood.org. Eligible donors will need to be at least 17 years old (16 with written parental consent), weigh at least 110 lbs., and generally be feeling well the day of the donation. Call the Red Cross toll free with other eligibility questions at 1.866.236.3276. Bring any form of photo ID with you.
• As the Page Turns: 2 p.m. Nov. 13. Enjoy an informal discussion where members share what they’ve been reading. Choose what you want to read within each month’s theme and meet up for a lively conversation.
• Book Group: 2 p.m. on Nov. 6, 7, 12, and 7 p.m. Nov. 26 Come meet like-minded people, enjoy lively discussion, learn which books inspire others, and talk about your favorite books,
• Craft Group: 1 p.m. Nov. 5, 19. Quilt, knit, scrapbook, crochet, and more! Call the branch for meeting details.
• Podcast Discussion Group: 7 p.m. Nov. 21. Want to start listening to podcasts but don’t know where to start? Join us for a discussion of three to five podcast episodes centered on the same theme.
• “Frozen” movie party: 11 a.m. Nov. 22. Celebrate the premiere of Frozen 2 with a screening of the original Frozen, snacks, and a craft. (Ages 3 and up)
• Babies Who Build: 10 a.m. Nov. 23. Bring your children from birth to two years, and enjoy building with all sorts of blocks!
• Cocoa with A Cop: 11 a.m. Nov. 12. Stories, cocoa, and crafts with officers from the Police Department. Don’t miss the chance to see their patrol cars! (All ages)
• Kid STEAM: 6:30 p.m. Nov. 18. Explore sciences, technologies, engineering, arts, and math. (Ages 6 and up)
• Mad Science Demonstrates Fire and Ice: 6:30 p.m. Nov. 14. The Mad Science gang will conjure up foggy dry ice storms, floating giant beach balls, and other flashy reactions that go POOF! (Ages 6 and up)
• Puppets and PJs: 7 p.m. Nov. 7. Put on your pajamas, and come enjoy a fan favorite at the Colbern Road Branch – a bedtime puppet show. Fun for the whole family. (Ages 3 and up)
• Storytime for Babies: 9:15 a.m. on Wednesdays and Fridays (except Nov. 27 and 29.) Storytime for babies, designed to build an early literacy foundation through play and one-on-one interaction with a parent or caregiver. Recommended for babies up to 18 months old and a one-on-one caregiver.
• Storytime for Families: 11 a.m. on Nov. 5 and 19, and 6:30 p.m. Nov. 21. Hear stories, sing songs, and join in movement activities. Bring the whole family, and make some great memories at the Library! Designed for families of all ages.
• Storytime for Preschoolers: 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays (except Nov. 26 and 27). An exciting and unique storytime to explore the first steps toward reading readiness for preschoolers between 3 and 5 years old and their caregivers. .
• Storytime for Toddlers: 10 and 11 a.m. Nov. 18. Enjoy this storytime for toddlers as we share the world of books with your child and encourage those next steps into early literacy. Designed for toddlers between 18 and 36 months old and one-on-one caregivers. Program may require parental participation.
• Teen Yoga: 4 p.m., Nov. 19. Learn the basic yoga poses in a fun, nonjudgmental environment. No experience necessary. Wear comfortable clothes and bring a towel or mat.
• Teens at the Library: 4 p.m. Nov. 5. It’s your time to hang at the library. Discover what we’ve planned just for you.