The Jackson County environmental health Division inspects sites where food is served outside Independence and Kansas City. Recent inspection results in Blue Springs include:
Lunar Bowl, 2001 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 16.
• There were multiple unlabeled spray bottles. Corrected on site.
• The walls next to the dishwashing area had an accumulation of black buildup.
• The three compartment sink is in disrepair leaving a gap between the sink and the wall.
54th Street Grill and Bar, 1307 S.W. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 16.
• The meat slicer had dried meat accumulated on the blade. Repeat violation.
• The vegetable slicer has an accumulation of residue and debris. Corrected on site.
• The can opener had an excessive accumulation of residue. Corrected on site.
Minsky’s Pizza, 2201 N. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 16.
• There was raw beef stored above ready-to -eat foods in the reach-in cooler. Corrected on site.
• The establishment did not have any kind of measurement device to indicate internal temperatures of cooked, reheated, cooled foods.
• The inside of the reach-in coolers had an accumulation of stuck-on liquid splash/food debris in the bottom of the cooler.
Big Lots, 601 West U.S. 40, inspected Dec. 16. No violations.
Sonic Drive-in, 1408 S. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 18.
• The nozzles on the soda machine closest to the drive-thru had an excessive accumulation of residue.
• There is a large hole in the wall inside the men’s restroom.
Chipotle Mexican Grill, 1115 Coronado Drive, inspected Dec. 18.
• The to-go containers at the register were not upside down to prevent contamination. Corrected on site.
• The inside of the meat reach-in cooler at the cook line had an accumulation of dry food debris. Manager had staff quickly clean the inside. Corrected.
Sonic Drive-In, 801 N.W. Woods Chapel road, inspected Dec. 18.
• The nozzles on the soda machine had an excessive accumulation of residue. The machine was broken down and cleaned. Corrected on site.
• Multiple pans that were stored had leftover food debris on the outside. The pans were rewashed and sanitized. Corrected on site.
• The underside of the wire racks in the walk-in cooler had an excessive accumulation of residue and debris.
Culver’s, 1301 S.W. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 18.
• Food handler permits were not provided for multiple employees.
• There was no handwashing signage in the bathroom, inspected gave them signage. Corrected on site.
• There was food in the walk-in cooler past the discard date. Food was immediately discarded. Corrected on site.
McDonald’s, 814 N. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 23.
• The reach-in cooler under the make table was not reaching an ambient temperature of 41 degrees or below. The ambient temperature of the reach-in cooler was reading 66 degrees. The items in the cooler were discarded. RE-INSPECTION required on Dec. 30.
• The walk-in freezer had an accumulation of trash/food debris on the floor and under shelves.
Casa Mexico, 1414 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 23.
• There was a chemical bottle stored next to clean dishes in the under the bar area. Corrected on site.
• The spray hose at the dishwashing sink was below the flood rim. Corrected on site. Manager Was able to tie the hose up with a string.
• There was an employee’s drink on the clean dish rack next to the meat prep table. Corrected.
Sinclair’s Restaurant, 1402 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 23.
• There were several containers of raw fish stored in the reach-in coolers of the make table that had no date marking. Corrected on Site.
• All three of the make tables had an accumulation of dry food debris in the crevices behind the make table lids.
• The french fry cart had an accumulation of grease/food debris on the shelves.
QuikTrip, 1201 N. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 23.
• The inside of the microwave had an accumulation of stuck-on food debris. Corrected on site.
• The towel sanitizing bucket in the QT kitchen was not reading sufficient sanitizing solution. Corrected: The manager discarded the original sanitizer and replaced it with new. The new sanitizing solution did meet the required amount of 200-400 ppm.
Encore, 1200 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 19.
• The pipes to the waste drain below the three compartment sink in the VIP bar area had no air gap. Manager was able to cut the pipe at least one inch above the flood rim. Corrected on site.
• There was a hole in the wall in the back storage area behind the main bar. The wall in the back storage area was in disrepair.