The Jackson County Environmental Health Division inspects sites where food is served outside Independence and Kansas City. Recent inspection results in Blue Springs include:
McDonald’s, 814 N. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 23.
• The reach-in cooler under the make table was not reaching an ambient temperature of 41 degrees or below. The ambient temperature of the reach-in cooler was reading 66 degrees. The items in the cooler were discarded. Re-inspection required on Dec. 30.
• The walk-in freezer had an accumulation of trash/food debris on the floor and under shelves.
Casa Mexico, 1414 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 23.
• There was a chemical bottle stored next to clean dishes in the under the bar area. Corrected on site.
• The spray hose at the dishwashing sink was below the flood rim. Corrected on site. Manager Was able to tie the hose up with a string.
• There was an employee’s drink on the clean dish rack next to the meat prep table. Corrected.
Sinclair’s Restaurant, 1402 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 23.
• There were several containers of raw fish stored in the reach-in coolers of the make table that had no date marking. Corrected on Site.
• All three of the make tables had an accumulation of dry food debris in the crevices behind the make table lids.
• The french fry cart had an accumulation of grease/food debris on the shelves.
QuikTrip, 1201 N. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 23.
• The inside of the microwave had an accumulation of stuck-on food debris. Corrected on site.
• The towel sanitizing bucket in the QT kitchen was not reading sufficient sanitizing solution. Corrected: The manager discarded the original sanitizer and replaced it with new. The new sanitizing solution did meet the required amount of 200-400 ppm.
Encore, 1200 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Dec. 19.
• The pipes to the waste drain below the three compartment sink in the VIP bar area had no air gap. Manager was able to cut the pipe at least one inch above the flood rim. Corrected on site.
• There was a hole in the wall in the back storage area behind the main bar. The wall in the back storage area was in disrepair.