UPDATE – 3 p.m.
Today’s wet weather, which is expected to turn icy and snowy, has led to the rescheduling or cancellation of some community events:
• The Blue Springs School District canceled all activities Friday evening and Saturday.
• Metropolitan Community Colleges, all campuses, has canceled all Saturday activities.
• Grain Valley moved its boys basketball game up to a 5:30 p.m. start.
• The Fort Osage boys basketball game at Raytown, which had been moved to 4 p.m., has now been postponed.
• Van Horn basketball at 4 p.m. Friday. Girls varsity against Kansas City Christian in the Fieldhouse; boys varsity against Kansas City Christian in the old gym. No boys C or JV practice. Saturday events canceled.
• Truman wrestling at Kearney on Saturday is canceled.
• Truman girls basketball at Notre Dame de Sion moved to 6 p.m. Friday.
• St. Michael the Archangel all Friday games canceled.
• William Chrisman girls wrestling at Mid-Buchanan postponed until Jan. 20.
• The Lee’s Summit North girls basketball game is canceled.
• Oak Grove’s basketball doubleheader with Pleasant Hill will start with the girls first at 4 p.m.
• Fort Osage has canceled this weekend’s speech and debate tournament and postponed its Scholar Bowl until Jan. 18.
• The full moon hike scheduled for Friday evening at Independence's George Owens Nature Park has been canceled, and parks officials will decide in the morning on Saturday’s 6 p.m. hike on the Little Blue Trace Trail (Jackson Drive entrance).