The Jackson County environmental health Division inspects sites where food is served outside Independence and Kansas City. recent inspection results in Blue Springs include:
Arby’s, 1225 N.E. Coronado Dr., inspected on Feb. 17.
• Employee’s drink noticed without lid and straw. Corrected on site. Manager discarded cup.
• Employees’ jackets were stored on the prep table and on top of single use articles.
• Inside of the reach-in freezers have an accumulation of food debris.
Dollar Tree, 1106 N.W. Woods Chapel Road, inspected Feb. 17.
• Extreme build up of ice in the walk-in freezer, an ice pile has piled up below the condenser at least 24+ inches thick (repeat)
• The floor of the walk-in cooler has an accumulation of trash and other debris.
Minsky’s Pizza, 2201 N. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 18.
• The blade on the can opener had stuck-on food debris.
• The inside of the reach-in coolers had an accumulation of stuck on liquid/food debris on the bottom of the cooler.
Chipotle Mexican Grill, 1115 Coronado Dr., inspected Feb. 18.
• Employees’ glasses stored on wrapped tortilla shells.
• Inside of the meat reach-in cooler and the make table cooler has an accumulation of food debris.
• Gasket on make table cooler is in disrepair.
Shangri-la Rehab and Living Center, 930 N.E. Duncan, inspected Feb. 19.
• The interior of the microwave had an accumulation of dried food debris.
• The wire racks in the walk-in cooler have an accumulation of dust build up.
• Trays that are being used to store packaged food in the walk-in cooler were dirty with dry food debris and liquid spills.
• Sugar and flour scoops were stored with handles touching the foods.
• The ceiling above the hot holding station is in disrepair.
McDonald’s, 814 N. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 24.
• Frappe nozzle on frappe machine had accumulation of liquid build up.
• Drive through window seal is in disrepair and has discolored build up underneath the board.
• Grease build up on the floors and walls next to the grease trap.
Sushi Avenue, 1305 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Feb.24.
• The inside of the reach-in cooler had an accumulation of food debris.
Rae’s Cafe, 1605 S. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 24.
• The underside of the wire racks had an accumulation of debris and residue. Corrected on site.
• The corner next to the grill had an accumulation of grease build up on the floor.
Casa Mexico 3, 1414 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 24.
• Can opener blade had stuck-on food debris.
• Packaged food has been stored on top of cardboard in the walk-in freezer.
• The sweet tea nozzle had an accumulation of brown build up.
• There is an accumulation of black build-up on the walls at the washing station.
• Trash/food debris on the floor of the walk-in freezer
• Wire rack shelf next to make table has an accumulation of dust build-up.
• Bowls were being used as scoops for the sugar, flour and other seasonings. The bowls did not have handles and were touching the food.
Sinclair’s, 1402 N.W. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 24.
• Light bulbs in back storage area are not shielded.
• The blade on can opener had stuck-on food debris.
• Container of open salmon was past its discard date.
China Town Cafe, 756 W. U.S. 40, inspected Feb. 24.
• The meat slicer had residual meat from the last time the slicer was used.
• The restroom for women did not have covered trash cans in stalls.
• Raw frozen chicken was thawing on a prep table at room temperature.
• The underside of wire racks in walk-in cooler had excessive collection of debris and residue. Repeat violation.
• Numerous dispensing utensils had handles stored on food product.
• An uncovered can of ketchup used for cooking is being stored under the counter in the kitchen.
Parkway Senior Living – Assisted Living, 550 N.E. Napoleon Dr., inspected Feb. 25.
• The chemical sanitizer that was being used to clean food contact surfaces was too strong.
• The interior of the microwave had stuck-on food debris.
Parkway Senior Living Independent Living, 550 N.E. Napoleon Dr., inspected Feb. 25.
• Container of cut squash was past its discard date. Label indicated discard date of 2/21/20.
• Black build-up on calking of the wall at the warewashing sink.
Yorgurtini, 1122 N.E. Coronado Dr., inspected Feb. 25.
• Unlabeled spray bottle in the chemical storage area.
• Towels were being used in a container to store utensils.
Fazoli’s, 810 W. U.S. 40, inspected Feb. 25.
• A large bin of pepperoni was stored in the walk-in cooler without a label for the discard date.
• An unapproved pest control spray was found in the dry storage room.
• The underside of the wire racks had an accumulation of debris and residue.
• There was a sticky residue found underneath the soda machine in the lobby.
• Black residue was observed on the walls nearest to the pasta cookers.
Culver’s, 1301 S.W. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 26.
• The underside of the wire racks in the walk-in cooler has an accumulation of residue and debris.
• The underside of the fry warmer has a heavy accumulation of grease build-up.
• There is a large spill of tea inside the cabinet in the lobby.
Jack In The Box, 808 N. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 26.
• The interior of the reach-in freezer is cracked and torn.
• The ice scoop container for the drive-thru ice bin has an accumulation of debris.
• The inside of the reach-in cooler at the grill station has an accumulation of food debris.
Olive Garden, 801 N.E. Coronado Dr., inspected Feb. 26.
• Black build up on the gaskets to the salad reach-in cooler.
• Stuck on food debris on inside of the salad reach-in cooler.
• The dish cart for clean dishes had stuck-on food debris.
• The bowl warmer had an accumulation of dry food debris.
• Black build up on the walls of the warewashing station.
Johnny’s Tavern, 1175 S.W. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 26.
• The nozzles on the soda machine had an accumulation of debris and residue.
• The sanitizer was not registering on the test strips. Upon inspection, the sanitizer line was not pumping sanitizer into the dishwasher. The line was primed in order to correct the issue.
Tuscany Fine Italian Dining, 1800 S.W. Missouri 7, inspected Feb. 26.
• A partially smoked cigar was left on a shelf next to the single-service tin dishes. Manager discarded cigar.
• Multiple food items were stored in the walk-in cooler without the discard date written on the container. Staff put the discard date on the items with a known discard date, and discarded the food for which they did not know the discard date.