Independence Center is closing – with exceptions – starting Friday and hopes to reopen March 31, executives announced Thursday.
The mall will not be open for mall walking, and the play area and food court will be closed.
“The safety and health of our guests, employees, and community is always our top priority,” management posted on the mall website. “With that concern and caution in mind, Independence Center has made the decision to close effective (Friday).”
Some stores plan to remain open:
• Dillard’s will remain open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday, according to the mall’s website.
• Noodles & Company remains open for carry-out only.
• Petland remains open by appointment (call 816-795-8821) for essentials such as pet food and supplements.
• Dick’s Sporting Goods had announced Wednesday it would close all locations until April 2, though it’s offering curbside pickup.
• Macy’s, another mall anchor, has closed its stores through March 31.
While the mall hopes to reopen March 31, several retailers listed reopen dates for the days after that.