The Jackson County Environmental Health Division inspects sites where food is served outside Independence and Kansas City. Recent inspection results in Blue Springs:
Grain Valley High School, 551 Eagles Parkway, inspected Jan. 30.
• A cloth-lined wicker basket was being used to store utensils. Corrected on site. Basket was removed.
• Chafing dish fuel was being stored above food in dry storage areas. Corrected on site. Fuel was moved.
Grain Valley High School indoor concessions, 551 S.W. Eagles Parkway, inspected Jan. 30. No violations found.
Temp-Stop, 723 Main St., inspected Jan 30.
• Chemical bottle was stored next to the drink station in the lobby area. Corrected on site. Manager moved the chemical bottle to the chemical storage area.
• Several containers of ready-to-eat foods with no date markings in the reach-in cooler in the grill area. Corrected on site. Manager placed discard dates on all containers.
Price Chopper/kitchen/deli/salad bar, 1191 N.E. McQuerry Road, inspected Jan. 30.
• Shelled eggs were being stored on a cloth towel inside a pull-out drawer cooler. Corrected on site. Manager replaced the towel with a clean container to store eggs.
• Dust buildup on the hood vents above the grills in the kitchen.
• Dust buildup on the ceiling vents above the prep make table in the kitchen.
Price Chopper/Starbucks, 1191 N.E. McQuerry Road, inspected Jan. 30. No violations found.
El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 102 Buckner-Tarsney Road, inspected Feb. 2.
• Shell eggs were being stored above salsa in the walk-in cooler. Corrected on site. Salsa was moved.
Lin’s Kitchen, 111 S.W. Eagles Pkwy, inspected Feb. 3.
• The handwashing sink in the kitchen does not have any disposable towels or drying devices.
• Multiple stacks of single-service (to-go) containers were stored upright. Corrected on site.
• The pipes and areas around the hood vents have a significant accumulation of grease and other residues.
McDonald’s, 712 N. Main St., inspected Feb. 6.
• The interior of the microwaves had stuck-on food debris. Corrected on site. Manager cleaned and sanitized the inside of the microwaves.
• The hood vents above fryers had a buildup of grease. 2nd Repeat.
• The bottom of the reach-in cooler next to the breakfast table has an accumulation of stuck-on food debris.
• Grease buildup on the floors and baseboards by the grease trap.
• The cabinet under the lobby soda fountain had a buildup of food spillage and moisture.
Porky’s Blazin Bar-B-Q, 9512 Buckner-Tarsney Road, inspected Feb. 7
• Hand washing sink near hot holding table was missing handwashing signage. Corrected onsite. Inspector provided handwashing sign.
• An in-use wiping cloth was sitting out on a counter in the back. Corrected on site. Cloth was placed in sanitizer.
• In-use tongs were being held in a container of standing water. Corrected on site. Tongs were removed from the water and cleaned.
El Tequilazo Cocina Y Cantina, 522 S. Main St., inspected Feb. 18.
Sushi Avenue, 1191 N.E. McQuerry Road, inspected Feb. 24.
• The storage shelves that hold clean utensils had an accumulation of food debris.
Valley Pub & Patio, 640 N.W. Yennie St., inspected Feb. 26.
• Chemical spray bottle at the bar was not labeled. Corrected on site. Employee labeled the spray bottle.
• Several containers inside the make table cooler did not have a “use by” date. Corrected on site. Employee labeled the containers.
• The gaskets and the floor base of the reach-in cooler are torn and in disrepair. Corrected by 4/26/30.
Casey’s General Store,1251 Route AA, inspected March 6.
• Container of opened egg salad had no date marking Corrected on site. Manager placed expiration date on the egg salad.
• Clean utensils were stored while still being dirty with stuck-on food debris. Corrected on site. Utensils were cleaned and sanitized by manager.
• The inside of the handles to the pizza reach-in cooler at the make table had stuck-on food debris.
• Missing ceiling tile in the back storage area.
Cheezteak Company, 1452 S.W. Eagles Pkwy, inspected March 6.
• Mouse traps were uncovered. Corrected on site. Manager discarded all mouse traps.
• Soda nozzles had a buildup of residue. Corrected on site.
• All three can openers had stuck-on food debris. Corrected on site.
• Knife magnet had stuck-on food debris. Corrected on site.
• The meat containers in the pull-out drawer cooler under the grill have an accumulation of dried food debris. Corrected on site.
• Uncovered vegetable containers in the reach-in cooler.
• The reach-in cooler and the reach-in freezer have an accumulation of dried food debris. 2nd Repeat.
• The reach-in cooler to the make table that is not in use, has an accumulation of debris behind the lid, and soil residues in the bottom of the cooler. Manager stated that they no longer use that reach-in make table cooler.
• The pull-out drawer coolers under the grill have an accumulation of food debris.
•The floors under all equipment have an accumulation of dust, dirt and other debris.
Mactan Asian Market, 1438 S.W. Eagles Parkway, inspected March 6. No violations found.
Essex of Grain Valley, 401 S.W. Rock Creek Lane, inspected March 11.
• Shelled eggs were being stored above ready-to-eat foods in the fridge. Corrected on site. Employee moved the eggs to another fridge and placed them on the bottom shelf.
• Package of opened raw sausage was stored in the fridge without any date markings. Corrected on site. Iem was discarded.
• The handles on the tops of the drawers have accumulation of dried food debris/crumbs. Repeat.
America’s Best Value Inn, 105 Sunny Lane Dr., inspected mar. 16.
• Soap was not provided at the hand sink. Corrected on site.
• Single-service cups were being stored on the floor. Corrected on site.