As a result of the COVID-19 emergency, modifications and reductions in Grain Valley city services have been required. To obtain updated information on these changes, visit the website at, where the specific phone numbers and email addresses of city departments will be listed. At this time, the changes include the following:

• City buildings are closed to the public, including City Hall and police headquarters at 711 S Main St. as well as the Community Center at 713 N. Main St.

• City government phones will be answered and city business will be conducted between 8 a.m and 5 p.m. on weekdays. The general phone number for city business is 816-847-6200.

• The April 13 meeting of the Board of Aldermen has been canceled.

• The Grain Valley Municipal Court has continued all cases which were originally scheduled on March 24 to April 28 and has continued all cases which were originally scheduled on April 14 to May 26. To search the dockets, visit or call 816-847-6240.

• The Grain Valley Police Department will continue to patrol the city. Citizens are asked to call 911 only in emergency cases. In non-emergency situations relating to specific crimes, citizens should call 816-795-1960. For all other non-emergency cases, the police department can be reached via the website at

• Citizens should pay water bills online, over the phone, or by submitting payment to the drop box on the northside of City Hall. Service charges will not be charged for making water bill payment online. Water service will not be disconnected due to non-payment during the COVID-19 emergency period but unpaid bills will need to be paid once the emergency period has ended.

• Licenses and permits will be managed by the City Clerk. Payment can be made over the phone or with a check. For questions, call the City Clerk at 816-847-6211 or email the clerk at

• Community development applications (building, planning and zoning, fences, signs, variances) will be handled by the permit technician. Applications for these items should be sent to the technician by mail, email or fax or placed in the City Hall dropbox. For questions on these issues, call 816-847-6220 or email

• Animal control issues, including applications for animal licenses, can be submitted via mail, email or fax. Proof of rabies vaccination will be required. During business hours, contact Animal Control at 816-847-6250. After hours, call 816 795-1960.

• City parks and recreation facilities are closed. All programs and classes have been canceled. Members at the fitness facility will be credited for an additional month on their membership. Persons who have arranged private rentals should contact the community center staff for a refund or rescheduling by calling 816-847-6230.

– Examiner staff