The Mid-Continent Public Library is offering virtual events to educate and entertain. To access these events, go to https://www.mymcpl.org/events/virtual-events.
Upcoming events include:
• Virtual Storytimes: 10 a.m., Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
• Tracking Grant Funds, Opportunity for More Grants: 10 a.m. May 16. Learn how to get more grants.
• Mad Science Demonstrates Up, Up and Away: 2 p.m. May 18. Learn to soar with the Mad Scientist! Be amazed by science demonstrations with hot air balloons, fireballs from candles and a floating hovercraft.
• Once Upon a Pose, Fairy Tale Yoga Online: 4 p.m. May 18. Weaving yoga poses through imaginary castles and woods, kids can bring fairy tales to life.
• Gobble Across the USA with Mr. Stinky Feet: 10a.m. May 19. Sing about foods with Jim “Mr. Stinky Feet” Cosgrove.
• Two Crows Fur Company: 7 p.m. May 19. Jim Two Crows Wallen describes the history of mountain men such as Jim Bridger, Hugh Glass, Jededah Smith and others.
• Wings of Love Presents The Best of Awesome Birds: 2 p.m. May 20. Some of the world’s most awesome birds take the stage to talk, perform tricks and sing songs.
• Fairly Mixed-Up Tales: 10 a.m. May 21. Jay and Leslie, along with Darrin the Dragon, combine circus skills and wacky humor to create some new ideas for classic fairy tales.
• Kansas City Staycations: 4 p.m. May 21.