The Jackson County Environmental Health Division inspects sites where food is served outside Independence and Kansas City. Recent inspection results in Grain Valley include:
El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 102 Buckner-Tarsney Road, inspected June 5.
• Can opener blade dirty. Corrected on site.
• Chemical sanitizing dish machine was out of chemical. Corrected on site.
• Cooler did not hold food at 41 degrees F or below. Some of the temperatures found in the cooler were as follows: chicken fingers, 48 degrees F, chopped tomatoes, 46 degrees F. Out of temp foods were discarded. Re-inspection required.
• Foods held in walk-in and reach-in coolers were not date marked. Corrected on site.
• Pans of food were held over 7 days in the walk-in cooler. Corrected, old food was discarded.
• Sugar, rice and bean containers did not have lids.
• Food was stored on the floor in the walk-in cooler and walk-in freezer.
Casey’s General Store, 1111 Buckner-Tarsney Road, inspected June 4.
• The clean utensil drawer had an accumulation of trash/food debris in the bottom of the drawer. Corrected on site.
• The handles on all drawers had an accumulation of sticky residue.
• Sauce residue was caked on the walls next to the pizza make table along with the inside of the lid to the make table.
America’s Best Value Inn, 105 Sunny Lane Drive, inspected June 8. No violations found.
El Tequilazo Cocina Y Cantina LLC, 522 S. Main St., inspected June 12.
• The freezer is at 27 degrees F. All product was still frozen and was moved immediately to another freezer that is at 5 degrees F. Re-inspection required.
McDonald’s, 712 N. Main St., inspected June 11.
• Observed a container of cut tomatoes past its discard date. Corrected on site as manager discarded the expired food.
• Observed ready-to-eat burrito mix stored in walk-in cooler with no date markings. Corrected on site. Manager placed a discard date on the product.
• Grease buildup on floors and baseboards by the grill. Repeat.
Subway, 109 AA Hwy, inspected June 15.
• The soda nozzles at the drink station in the dining area had an accumulation of stuck-on residue. Corrected on site. Manager cleaned and sanitized the nozzles.
Casey’s General Store, 1251 Route AA, inspected June 18.
• Chemical bottles stored next to a prep station. Corrected on site. Manager placed the chemicals in the designated area.
• Missing ceiling tile in back area. Repeat.
• Accumulation of food debris inside pizza make table cooler.