Items for What’s Happening must be received by noon Thursday before publication on Saturday. Send information to Karl Zinke at email@example.com. Please include sport the announcement should be listed under. Dates are subject to change. Examiner is not responsible for tryouts. Please contact people listed for detailed information. The Examiner reserves the right to edit for length and content and remove any listings.
• Blue Springs Parks and Recreation T-Ball/Machine Pitch Baseball Leagues begin the week of April 28. T-ball league is for ages 5-6, and machine pitch is for ages 7-8. Deadline to register is March 21, a coaches meeting is March 28 and practice begins on April 2. Cost is $70 per player for T-ball and $80 per player for machine pitch. Register online at www.bluespringsgov.com or in person at the Blue Springs Fieldhouse (425 N.E. Mock Ave.), 5 a.m. through 9:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday; 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. Call 816-228-0137 for more information.
• Blue Springs Parks and Recreation Spring Adult Basketball Leagues begin April 8. Cost is $400 per team for the April 8-June 3 session. Players must be age 18 or older. Games will be played at Blue Springs Fieldhouse from 6-9 p.m. Register by phone with Visa, Discover or MasterCard at 816-228-0137 or in person at the Blue Springs Fieldhouse (425 N.E. Mock Ave.), 5 a.m. through 9:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday; 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. Call 816-228-0137 for more information.
• Kansas City Youth Basketball Association will host several girls and boys tournaments for the 2017-18 season. To register for these tournaments, visit the website www.kansascityfuture.com and click on the tournament page.
• The 2018 Drumm Farm Golf Club Ladies' 18 Hole Golf League begins with a general meeting on Tuesday, April 17 at 9 a.m. at Drumm Farm Golf Club, 15400 E. 34th St., Independence. Registration fee is $65 (KCGA GHIN included). Cost is $32 (plus tax) per week played, which includes green fees and cart (league member may play for this same price Monday-Friday during league season). Play begins Tuesday, April 24 at 8 a.m. and continues weekly on Tuesdays through Oct. 9. For further information and registration forms, call 816-350-9900 or visit the Drumm Farm website at www.drummfarmgolfclub.com/ and click on "Leagues."
• The Independence Horseshoe Club meets at McCoy Park (U.S. 24 and Spring Street) 7-9 p.m. Thursday evenings. Open to all ages and skill levels. Each thrower has a partner and pitches two 50-shoe games. All games are 90 percent handicap. Cost of a NHPA sanction card is $36 per year. League membership is $10 per year. Cadets (age 12 and younger) pitch at 20 feet); juniors (18 and younger), women and men age 70 and older at 30 feet; and all others at 40 feet. For more information, contact Alvin Gwinn at 816-806-1726 or Nancy Gunter at 816-694-1800 or call 816-325-7999 (option No. 5) for information about what is going in the league.
• Independence Girls Softball Association is currently taking registrations for the 2018 youth season at Adair Park. T-ball (ages 5-6) and Coach Pitch (8U) through Division 5 (18U) will begin April 30. T-ball will run through the third week of June. Coach Pitch through Division 5 will run through the end of June. Cost is $60 per player for T-ball, which will be played on Monday and Thursday evenings. Cost is $80 per player for Coach Pitch through Division 5, which will be played on Monday and Thursday evenings. Blastball (ages 3-4) costs $40 and will be played on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings (dates are not yet determined). A family fee of $100 applies only to sisters living at the same address. All players are required to fundraise or pay a $35 buyout fee, which must be submitted at the time of registration. A women’s 18 and over league will also be offered. To register, visit www.igsasoftball.com and click on the “registration info” tab near the top.