The Blue Springs South boys soccer team had more than enough offense to make up for one lapse Tuesday.

Zach Carter, Zian Trober, Bryce Millican and Joel Sterling each scored two goals as the Jaguars drubbed St. Pius X in the first game of the Blue Springs South Tournament at Larry Stewart Memorial Stadium.

“Good teams can get up big in games early, great teams continue playing, no matter who is or isn't on the field, no matter what the score is,” Jaguars coach Todd Findley said. “We had a great night on the attacking side. Scoring goals is fun. But letting a guy go untouched from the center circle to inside the 18 and score is not something we should be OK with. I know our guys are better than that. The boys know that, too. We have to learn how to finish matches and play the entire 80 minutes.”

The Jaguars raced to a 5-0 lead after just 12 minutes. Carter scored in the first minute and Trober (from Dylan Shuker) and Millican both scored in the second minute. Trober added his second goal on an assist from Brett Vaughn in the eighth minute and Sterling scored in the 12th.

Carter, Thomas Froholt, Millican and Sterling added second-half goals to offset one by St. Pius X’s Miguel Cobos.

Rockhurst beat Lee’s Summit 1-0 and Lee’s Summit West blanked Belton 4-0 in the other tourney games.

LEE’S SUMMIT NORTH 3, TOPEKA 1: Lee’s Summit North shrugged off a slow start to get off to a strong start in the KA-MO Classic Tuesday.

The Broncos scored a pair of second-half goals to break a 1-1 tie and down Topeka (Kan.) in the first round of the tournament at the Blue Valley Athletic Complex.

“In the first half we controlled the possession but struggled to find passes to break down the Topeka defensive pressure. They cut off passing lanes and closed us down quickly, making it difficult for us to possess,” North coach Ryan Kelley said. “In the second half we made some adjustments and came out stronger.”

Carson Wilcox scored off a rebound off the crossbar in the 58th minute to break the tie. Liam Frank scored off an AB Falah flick from a Blake Landaverry cross to capitalize on a Topeka error to seal the win.

Matt Hopkins scored off a long pass from Ryan Templeton in the first half to give North a 1-0 lead, but Topeka sent it to halftime tied with a direct kick goal.

The Broncos (3-0) advance to today’s 5 p.m. semifinal against Olathe South or Shawnee Mission West.