WICHITA, Kan. – Kansas City Mavericks coach John-Scott Dickson didn't have much to say following a 4-0 loss Friday night at Intrust Bank Arena.

The Wichita Thunder scored two goals in the first three minutes of the game and Dickson's Mavericks never recovered.

The two teams meet again at 7:05 tonight at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena.

Wichita's Mark MacMillan notched three assists and goaltender Dylan Wells stopped all 26 shots by Kansas City.

"There's really not a lot to say after a game like this," Dickson said by phone on the bus ride back to Independence. "They score the two early goals and that was basically it. We just never responded, and that's disappointing. After a loss like this, you want to play again soon, and we get them tomorrow at our place.

"I'm hoping for a much better performance."

Stefan Fournier beat Kansas City goaltender Nick Schneider in front of the net for the game’s first goal. Keoni Teixiera and MacMillan assisted on the goal.

Steven Iacobellis doubled the Thunder’s lead less than two minutes later with a goal assisted by Gabriel Verpaelst and Jeremy Beaudry. Wichita outshot the Mavericks in the first period, 13-7.

The Thunder pushed their lead to 3-0 early in the second on a goal from Jesse Gabrielle assisted by MacMillan and Jeremy Beaudry.

Schneider kept the game close with several key saves in the second frame, stopping 11 of 12 shots by Wichita. The Mavericks scoreless streak extended to 100 minutes after being shutout by Cincinnati in Independence last Saturday.

Wichita forward Ryan Van Stralen was given a five-minute major and match penalty for charging late in the second period.

The Mavericks couldn’t capitalize on the five-minute power play, while Teixiera netted a shorthanded goal for the Thunder during the Mavericks extended advantage, making it 4-0. MacMillan got his third assist of the game on the goal.

The Mavericks are now scoreless in their last 120 minutes of game time, with their last goal coming from Mike Panowyk in overtime against Cincinnati on Jan. 11.