Sophomore Jacksyn McIntyre and senior Dylan Shuker helped the Blue Springs South boys soccer team get the season off on the right foot.

McIntyre scored four goals and Shuker added a hat trick to power the Jaguars to an 8-0 rout of Pleasant Hill in a first-round game in the Raytown South Tournament Saturday.

“Great first game for the boys. Really proud of how we played, especially within our attack,” Blue Springs South coach Jon Grice said. “The boys adjusted well to different positions and different players in different spots throughout the game.”

McIntyre gave the Jaguars (1-0) an early lead on an assist from Parker Welch in the fifth minute.

Shuker made it 3-0 on an assist from Bradyn McIntyre in the 11th minute and on a penalty kick in the 19th minute.

Caleb Warson scored in the 38th minute to make it 4-0 at halftime.

Jacksyn McIntyre added three more goals – on assists from Welch, Joel Sterling and Jackson Keeton – in the first 11 minutes of the second half.

Shuker got credit for the final goal and goalkeeper Calvin Hays completed the shutout.

“Our back line anchored with Brooks Childers and Bradyn McIntyre did a fantastic job of protecting the goal in front of Calvin,” Grice said. “Pleasant Hill played tough, physical and spirited soccer. We needed a good game like this to see where we were.”

TRUMAN 5, PLEASANT HILL 2: Seniors Jose Calderon and Issac Botello each scored two goals as Truman bounced back from a 1-0 first-round loss to Raytown South to down Pleasant Hill in a consolation semifinal in the Raytown South Tournament Monday.

Down 2-0 to Pleasant Hill, Botello and junior DeAngelo Holman scored in the final nine minutes of the first half to tie it.

Calderon scored both of his goals to break the tie and Botello added the final goal for the Patriots (1-1).

Truman outshot Raytown South 19-10 in Saturday’s first-round game but couldn’t muster a goal.

Truman meets Van Horn at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the fifth-place game.

LEE’S SUMMIT NORTH 1, STALEY 1: Tyler Dailey scored with less than five minutes remaining to help Lee’s Summit North salvage a draw against Staley in the first pool play game of the Liberty Kickoff Classic Saturday at Liberty Soccer Complex.

Staley capitalized on a turnover early in the second half to take the lead.

“We got off to a slow start in our first match of the season,” Broncos coach Ryan Kelley said “We really struggled to possess the ball and play up to the speed of the game. Staley came out strong and played aggressive from the start. We had a hard time playing out of the back and through the midfield due to their pressure. We were organized defensively and that kept us in the match until we got going.”

Dailey nearly scored in the first half but his shot from 25 yards out caromed off the crossbar and the Broncos (0-0-1) had no one to put in the rebound. Liam Frank’s shot at the end of the first half sailed just over the crossbar as well.

Dailey tied it when he settled a corner kick bouncing around in the penalty box and tucked in a shot under the Staley goalkeeper.

“In goal for us, John Foster had an excellent game and made a tremendous save when he had to dropstep and push a shot up at the crossbar and then recover to save the follow-up,” Kelley said.

The Broncos meet Bishop Miege at 5 p.m. today in the second pool play game.