Blue Springs South soccer coach Jon Grice wasn’t totally sure of the answer to the questions posed.

When was the last time his Jaguars won a game?

“It been like three or four weeks … it feels like years,” he quipped, following a 2-0 victory over Park Hill on Thursday at the Park Hill District Soccer Complex at Park Hill South. “It’s been a while. We had a couple games go overtime in conference that we didn’t get on the right side of. Started out with a nice goal tonight and it was different playing with the lead for a while. Our kids finally put it all together.”

Brothers Bradyn McIntyre and Jacksyn McIntyre scored goals to help the Jaguars knock off the Trojans in a Suburban big Six showdown.

The victory snapped a six-game losing streak for the Jaguars. The last win was a 4-1 victory over St. Pius X back on Sept. 10.

Five of the past six games were one-goal losses for Blue Springs South, which picked up its first conference win this season.

Bradyn McIntyre’s goal came in the 13th minute, getting his foot on a corner kick by Dylan Shuker.

The goal came just moments after Park Hill lost starting fullback Ethan Fiest to injury. After he was off the field, Shuker, a senior, got his kick to sail into the box and set up the first marker.

“We know we are in one of the toughest conferences in the area or even the state. We know it takes the full 80 (minutes),” Bradyn McIntyre said. “We know if you miss your one chance you might lose the game but if you make it, you’ve got to make it count.”

The Jaguars had two more shots on goal the remainder of the first half but were turned away by Park Hill goalkeeper Kyle Wilkie. One of those opportunities came after Park Hill (8-3-2) got two yellow cards on the same play, part of a span of three in 20 seconds.

Overall, the chippy first half featured five yellow cards between the two teams. None were called in the second 40 minutes, though parents of both fan bases yelled back and forth causing the public address announcer to tell everyone to “be nice.”

Blue Spring South goalkeeper Calvin Hays had pair of saves with less than two minutes to play to keep the Trojans off the board.

Park Hill, which had been unbeaten in 10 straight prior to a 3-0 loss to Lee’s Summit West on Wednesday, peppered goalkeeper Aaron Self with three shots in the first seven minutes of the second half. Self replaced Hays to open the half.

In the 52nd minute, the junior keeper went one-on-one with Matt Lachowitzer after Blue Springs South was called for a handball in the box. The penalty kick went to the right, but Self knocked it out of bounds.

“That play was the backbreaker,” Park Hill coach Josh Marchbank said.

Added Grice: “He made a great play on it. If they convert, it is a totally different game. They were putting some momentum on us and we withstood it.”

That turned out to be the best scoring chance the remainder of the game the Trojans, now 3-2 in league play.

Blue Springs South (4-7, 1-5) got a goal from Jacksyn McIntyre in the 79th minute to secure the win and a rare multi-goal victory in this series. The two have played 12 times since 2012 and nine of those games were decided by one goal, including the past six. Park Hill won the first showdown this year, 1-0, on Sept. 16.

“It feels good, we needed it,” Bradyn McIntyre said. “Morale was starting to get down … every match we would lose by one. We just kept working at it and we kept working harder and harder. Everyone on the field was putting in everything they had … it was great.”