WICHITA, Kan. — The Kansas City Mavericks return to Silverstein Eye Centers Arena Tuesday night with revenge on their minds following a 5-2 loss Monday night to the Wichita Thunder at Intrust Bank Arena.

The loss leaves Kansas City with a 2-1 record on its most recent road trip that saw the Mavericks and Tyler Parsons win 3-2 in Cincinnati Friday night and 4-0 in Indianapolis Saturday.

The 4-0 win was Parsons’ first shutout of the season. He stopped 34 of 36 in the win over the Cincinnati Cyclones and stopped all 38 shots in the win over the Indy Fuel.

Parsons stopped 32 of 37 shots Monday’s. He has faced more than 30 shots on goal in his last three games, and stopped 30 or more in all three.

“Tyler has been great the entire road trip,” Mavericks coach John-Scott Dickson said by phone following the game. “I don’t know if we got a little fatigued in the third period tonight, but we will never use that as an excuse. We’re playing better hockey and can’t wait for Tuesday night and the New Year’s Eve game.”

Tuesday’s game is a near sellout with single and standing room tickets available for the annual New Year’s Eve home contest.

Peter Crinella got Wichita on the board first at 7:34 of the first period Monday.

Mavericks captain Rocco Carzo tied the game at the 10:13 mark of the period on assists from Justin Woods and Mitch Hults.

Wichita took a 2-1 lead on a goal by Chris Crane just 46 seconds into the second period and never looked back, scoring three goals in the third period.

“When you head out on the road, facing three quality opponents, you think you’ll take a 2-1 record, but I really thought we could have won all three,” Dickson said. “It was a good game until the third period.”

Crinella scored just nine seconds into the third period to make it 3-1. Fabrizio Ricci scored on a breakaway goal at the 3:09 mark and Jason Salvaggio scored at 9:37 to make it 5-1.

Kansas City’s Jack Walker scored with 1:47 left in regulation to account for the final score. Derek Pratt and Hults assisted on the goal.

Hults now has a four-game point streak but his three-game goal-scoring streak was halted.