COLUMBIA, Mo. – Blue Springs sent two wrestlers into Friday night’s state semifinals.

After winning Thursday night in the first round, Cayden Dotson (120 pounds) and Korbin Shepherd (126) reached their respective semifinal rounds with victories on Friday afternoon at the Class 4 Missouri State High School Wrestling Championships at Mizzou Arena in Columbia.

Shepherd, after winning a 20-2 technical fall in the first round, pinned Andrew Doehring of Lafayette-Wildwood in 55 seconds in his quarterfinal. Dotson, who won a 17-3 major decision in his opening match, edged Jalin Reese of Lafayette-Wildwood 3-2 in his quarterfinal.

Lee’s Summit North sent three to Friday’s quarterfinals, but all three lost and went into the wrestleback rounds. Triston Jones (160) won 4-2 in his first-round match Thursday but was downed 7-5 in sudden victory overtime. Zane Ragland (182) won a 3-2 decision in his opener but fell 11-4 in his quarterfinal match. Mark McGhee (285) lost a 7-1 decision in his quarterfinal after winning with a second-period pin in the opening match.

Blue Springs’ Jaxson McIntyre (145) and DeAndre Thomas (152) each lost in the first round but remained alive with wins in wrestlebacks. Brock Sullivan (285) suffered two losses and was eliminated.

All four Fort Osage wrestlers took losses in the first round. Keegan Emrick (106) and Stevie Gabb (285) bounced back with wins in wrestlebacks, but Josh Rieck (160), who lost a 3-1 sudden victory in the first round, dropped a 5-4 decision in wrestlebacks and was eliminated. Gavin Roller (220) also suffered two losses and was eliminated.

Lee’s Summit North’s Aaron Barnhill (195) stayed alive with a pin in wrestlebacks after losing in the first round. David Spiller (132) didn’t make it to the second day with two losses.

CLASS 3: Grain Valley also sent two to Friday night’s semifinals in the Class 3 tournament.

Dru Azcona (113) edged Lebanon’s Davis Joiner 8-7 in his quarterfinal after a 4-2 win in the first round. Hunter Newsom (182) pinned his first-round opponent and then won a 14-0 major decision over Hillsboro’s Zach McNees in the quarterfinal.

The Eagles’ Trent Starr (126) and Drake Tipton (170) also made it to the quarterfinals, each with third-period pins, but suffered losses there. Starr suffered a 4-3 loss and Tipton fell 9-2 to drop into wrestlebacks Friday night.

Grain Valley’s Donovan McBride (285) lost in the first round but bounced back with a third-period pin in wrestlebacks to stay alive. Cameron Mickelson (152) suffered two losses and was eliminated.

William Chrisman’s Rico Alaniz (160) made it to the quarterfinals on a forfeit but lost by fall in that match to fall into wrestlebacks. Mason Walters (182) lost his first-round match but got a forfeit win to advance.

Van Horn’s Ethan Moses (120) also got a forfeit win in wrestlebacks to stay alive after losing 3-2 in the opening round.

GIRLS: Fort Osage sent two and William Chrisman and Truman got one each into the state semifinals Friday night.

Fort Osage’s Haley Ward (130) and Rachel Rellihan (142) each claimed two wins to advance to the semifinal round. Ward pinned her first-round opponent in just 59 seconds and then pinned Abbey Cordia of the School of the Osage in 5:01 in the quarterfinal.

Rellihan won with a third-period pin in the opener and then edged Erin Bohmont of Branson 5-4 in the quarterfinal.

Chrisman’s Kiara Boldridge (235) pinned both of her opponents, including Springfield Central’s Catherine Dutton in 3:30 in the quarterfinal, to advance.

Truman’s Ava Miller (166) pinned both of her opponents in the first period to make the semifinals. She stopped Keigan Newhouse of Northwest Cedar Hill in 1:06 in the quarterfinal.

Fort Osage’s Tess Kinne (135), an all-state performer last year, won her opening match 5-0 but lost 8-6 in the quarterfinal.

Chrisman’s Meraid Jorgensen (142) won with a first-period pin in her opener but lost by fall in the quarterfinal. Chrisman district champion Mary-Mae McMillian lost 5-4 in the first round but stayed alive with a pin in wrestlebacks.