Senior center meals for the week of Aug. 31 to Sept. 4
Lunches provided (by delivery or take out only) by area community centers during the week of Aug. 31.
Vesper Hall, 400 N.W. Vesper St., Blue Springs. Due to the coronavirus emergency, meals are being offered by delivery only. To reserve a meal call 816-228-0181 by 2 p.m. one working day prior to the meal. Cost: $3.50 donation for ages 60 and older; $5.75 fee for ages 59 and younger.
NOTE: There may be some variance in these menus due to the current emergency.
• Monday: Hot turkey sandwich, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots, dessert.
Meals for the rest of the week unavailable.
Fairmount Community Center, 217 S. Cedar St., Independence. Due to the coronavirus emergency, meals are being offered for take out. Take out meals are $5 or $3.50 for members and reservations for these meals should be made 24 hours in advance: call 254-8334. Each meal is served with bread or roll and milk.
• Monday: Chicken and Swiss hoagie, sweet potato wedges, spinach salad with berries, banana.
• Tuesday: Herb butter tilapia, Italian stewed tomatoes, garden rice pilaf, pineapple chunks.
• Wednesday: Hot beef sandwich, mashed potatoes w/gravy, steamed spinach, sliced peaches.
• Thursday: All beef hot dog, baked potato chips, lemon peppered squash, festive tossed salad.
• Friday: Tuna salad, lettuce and tomato slices, peas and carrots, fruit salad.
Palmer Center, 218 N. Pleasant St., Independence. Due to the coronavirus emergency, lunch is being served by delivery only. Reserve your meal by calling 816- 325-6200. Inclement weather line: 325-7999 ext. 4. All meals are served with milk. There may be variations in the menu due to the current emergency.
The delivered meals are provided via the Mid-America Regional Council, which does not provide advance menus.