Senior center meals
Lunches provided (by delivery or take out only) by area community centers during the week of Oct. 5.
Vesper Hall, 400 N.W. Vesper St., Blue Springs. Due to the coronavirus emergency, meals are being offered by delivery only. To reserve a meal call 816-228-0181 by 2 p.m. one working day prior to the meal. Cost: $3.50 donation for ages 60 and older; $5.75 fee for ages 59 and younger.
NOTE: There may be some variance in these menus due to the current emergency.
• Monday: Salmon patty, creamed peas, steamed cabbage, apricots.
• Tuesday: Pot roast sandwich, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, mandarins in Jell-O.
• Wednesday: Shrimp and grits, Normandy vegetables, biscuit, diced peaches.
• Thursday: Breakfast pizza, cottage cheese, apple cabbage salad, banana.
• Friday: Meatloaf with gravy, baked potato, green beans, strawberries and bananas.
Fairmount Community Center, 217 S. Cedar St., Independence. Due to the coronavirus emergency, meals are being offered for take out. Take out meals are $5 or $3.50 for members and reservations for these meals should be made 24 hours in advance: call 254-8334. Each meal is served with bread or roll and milk.
• Monday: Chicken and noodles, California vegetables, dessert.
• Tuesday: Pork loin with mushroom sauce, ranch potatoes, glazed carrots, dessert.
• Wednesday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes/gravy, green beans, dessert.
• Thursday: Chicken parmesan, au gratin potatoes, spinach, dessert.
• Friday: Baked fish in garlic butter sauce, wild rice, peas and carrots, dessert.
Palmer Center: 218 N. Pleasant St., Independence. Due to the coronavirus emergency, lunch is being served by delivery only. Reserve your meal by calling 816- 325-6200. Inclement weather line: 325-7999 ext. 4. All meals are served with milk. There may be variations in the menu due to the current emergency. The delivered meals are provided via the Mid-America Regional Council, which does not provide advance menus.