Senior center meals
Lunches provided (by delivery or take out only) by area community centers during the week of Oct. 12.
Vesper Hall, 400 N.W. Vesper St., Blue Springs. Due to the coronavirus emergency, meals are being offered by delivery only. To reserve a meal call 816-228-0181 by 2 p.m. one working day prior to the meal. Cost: $3.50 donation for ages 60 and older; $5.75 fee for ages 59 and younger.
NOTE: There may be some variance in these menus due to the current emergency.
• Monday: Chicken tetrazzini, tossed salad, buttered carrots, blackberry cobbler.
• Tuesday: Pot roast milano, buttered peas and carrots, Cajun slaw, cinnamon applesauce.
• Wednesday: Chili with beans, tossed salad, wheat crackers, pineapple and pears in Jell-O.
• Thursday: Lemon peppered fish, potatoes au gratin, steamed broccoli.
• Friday: Chicken and noodles, winter mix vegetables, hot beets, Mandarin oranges.
Fairmount Community Center, 217 S. Cedar St., Independence. Due to the coronavirus emergency, meals are being offered for take out. Take out meals are $5 or $3.50 for members and reservations for these meals should be made 24 hours in advance: call 254-8334. Each meal is served with bread or roll and milk.
• Monday: Shepherds pie, spiced peaches, dessert.
• Tuesday: Pulled pork with barbecue sauce, baked beans, broccoli with cheese, dessert.
• Wednesday: Oven-fried chicken, scalloped potatoes, carrots, dessert.
• Thursday: Hot beef sandwich, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, dessert.
• Friday: Sliced ham with pineapple, cauliflower and cheese, stewed tomatoes, dessert.
Palmer Center, 218 N. Pleasant St., Independence. Due to the coronavirus emergency, lunch is being served by delivery only. Reserve your meal by calling 816- 325-6200. Inclement weather line: 325-7999 ext. 4. All meals are served with milk. There may be variations in the menu due to the current emergency. The delivered meals are provided via the Mid-America Regional Council, which does not provide advance menus.