Independence restaurant inspections
Critical violations during recent restaurant inspections by the city of Independence. Critical violations involve factors that can directly lead to foodborne illness.
Subway, 3850 S. Noland Road, inspected July 1. No critical violations found.
QuikTrip, 4740 S. Arrowhead Drive, inspected July 7. Critical violations found:
• Several employees did not have their food handlers’ cards.
• Food service managers on premises must obtain food managers cards.
• Interior of the low-boy cooler noted not free of dust, dirt, food residue and other debris.
• Physical facility not cleaned as often as necessary. Floor of ladies’ room found with debris.
LaBonita Market, 13605 E. 35th St., inspected July 16. No critical violations.
Players’ Club, 1501 S. Noland Road, inspected July 16. Critical violations found:
• Owner was not washing his hands at proper times. Did not wash hands before putting on gloves.
• Inadequate card/hold storage equipment. Make table out of temperature. Temperature was adjusted to correct.
• Beer mug cooler noted not being kept clean. Heavy mold found in bottom.
• Hand washing sinks not supplied with hand cleaning liquid soap. Soap and towel dispensers behind bar and in restrooms found empty.
First Watch, 19321 E. U.S. 40, inspected July 19. No critical violations found.
Chrisman Plaza Cash Saver, 405 E. U.S. 24, inspected July 29. Critical violations found:
• Meat cutter was not wearing mask properly. He was educated on proper fit.
Cosentino’s Sunfresh, 18001 E. U.S. 24, inspected July 29. Critical violations found:
• Hand washing sinks not supplied with hand cleaning liquid soap. Soap dispenser in meat cutting area is not functioning or empty. Dispenser must either be filled or repaired. If unable to be immediately repaired, then a pump soap dispenser must be placed at sink.
Subway, 911 N. Noland Road, inspected July 31. No critical violations found.