Local COVID-19 testing sites
Truman Medical Centers: Weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon. Both Truman Medical Centers sites – the Lakewood Campus at 7900 Lee’s Summit Road and the Hospital Hill site at 2301 Holmes Road. TMC will provide testing, but only for persons who are experiencing at least one COVID-19 symptom. For any person’s first COVID-19 test, there will be no charge. Please call 816-404-CARE (2273) before arriving at the testing location.
Jackson County Health Department: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., with closure for lunch from 11:50 a.m. to 12:40 p.m.
The Health Department is providing free testing weekdays at various places. Current symptoms are not required for this test, but this test is designed to detect current infection, not to determine if you have ever been exposed to COVID-19. Depending on the weather and the location, these may be walk-in clinics with a limited number of people admitted to the building at one time. You may need to wait outdoors for a time. Pre-registration is not required but is highly recommended and can be completed by visiting jacohd.org/events/
• Wednesday, Vesper Hall, 400 N.W. Vesper St., Blue Springs. NOTE: The parking lot will be under construction, therefore this will be a walk-in clinic. Patients will need to park at Rotary Park Parking lot behind/to the west of Vesper Hall and take the sidewalk to the testing site.
• No testing Thursday or Friday.
The city of Independence: 2 to 7 p.m. unless otherwise indicated. Tests will be offered 5 to 7 days per week. The tests are free but participants are asked to reserve a time slot by visiting indep.us/covidtests or by calling 816-325-7121. Some walk-in slots may be available.
• Wednesday, Nov. 25: Adventure Oasis Water Park, 2100 Hub Drive, Independence.
• Thursday, Nov. 26: No testing.
• Friday, Nov. 27: Adventure Oasis Water Park, 2100 Hub Drive, Independence, open 12 to 8 p.m.