Senior center meals
Lunches provided (by delivery or take out only) by area community centers during the week of Jan. 25.
Vesper Hall: 400 N.W. Vesper St., Blue Springs. Due to the coronavirus emergency, meals are being offered by delivery only. To reserve a meal call 816-228-0181 by 2 p.m. one working day prior to the meal. Cost: $3.50 donation for ages 60 and older; $5.75 fee for ages 59 and younger.
NOTE: There may be some variance in these menus due to the current emergency.
• Monday: Ham and beans, winter mix vegetables, cornbread, tropical fruit.
• Tuesday: Lemon pepper chicken, rice pilaf, Riviera vegetables, fruit delight.
• Wednesday: Stuffed pepper with meat, steamed Italian zucchini and squash, fruit cocktail.
• Thursday: Cheeseburger, broccoli/raisin salad, pears, peanut butter cookie.
• Friday: Roasted pork, mashed potatoes and gravy, tossed salad, white cake and ice cream.
Fairmount Community Center: 217 S. Cedar St., Independence. Due to the coronavirus emergency, meals are being offered for take out. Take out meals are $5 or $3.50 for members and reservations for these meals should be made 24 hours in advance: call 254-8334. Each meal is served with bread or roll and milk.
• Monday: Riblets, potatoes O’Brien, mixed vegetables, dessert.
• Tuesday: Chicken alfredo, Normandy vegetables, dessert.
• Wednesday: Hot beef sandwich, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, dessert.
• Thursday: Chicken patty, sweet potatoes, California vegetables, dessert.
• Friday: Baked fish, herb rice, spinach, dessert.
Palmer Center: 218 N. Pleasant St., Independence. Due to the coronavirus emergency, lunch is being served by delivery only. Reserve your meal by calling 816- 325-6200. Inclement weather line: 325-7999 ext. 4. All meals are served with milk. There may be variations in the menu due to the current emergency. The delivered meals are provided via the Mid-America Regional Council, which does not provide advance menus.