Local COVID-19 testing sites
University Health (formerly Truman Medical Centers/University Health): Regular testing hours are weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon. Testing is available at both sites – the Lakewood campus at 7900 Lee’s Summit Road, Kansas City, and the Hospital Hill site at 2211 Charlotte, Kansas City.
In order to be tested for COVID-19, you must first call 816-404-CARE (2273) to get an appointment. The appointment will allow you to arrive during a specific period of time. The call center (816-404-CARE) opens at 8 a.m. and closes at 4:30 p.m. each weekday. For any person’s first COVID-19 test, there will be no charge.
Jackson County Health Department: Call 816-404-6416 if you have any questions about your visit or need to reschedule. There is no cost for this testing. Testing will occur between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., with a break for lunch between 11:50 and 12:40. Registration is used to make sure that not all persons seeking testing arrive at the same time.
Note: No testing sites will be open Nov. 25 or 26 due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
• Tuesday, Nov. 30, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (closed from 11:50 a.m. to 12:40 p.m.), 616 N.E. Douglas, Lee’s Summit. Please register for testing on Nov.30 by visiting https://jacohd.jotform.com/213005735361144 or calling 816-404-6416.
• Wednesday, Dec. 1, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (closed from 11:50 a.m. to 12:40 p.m.), 616 N.E. Douglas, Lee’s Summit. Please register for testing on December 1 by visiting https://jacohd.jotform.com/213005829066150 or calling 816-404-6416.
Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services: COVID testing is being offered every week in the Kansas City area as follows. For further information, visit health.mo.gov/community test or facebook.com/HealthyLivingMo/ or call (877)435-8411. There is no requirement for an appointment or advance registration. You should bring a state ID if you have one. If you arrive before the testing event closes, you will be tested.
• Mondays and Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Heavy Construction Laborers Local 663, 7820 Prospect, Kansas City.
• Fridays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Heavy Construction Laborers Local 663, 7820 Prospect, Kansas City.
• Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Teamsters Local 1955, 4501 Emanuel Cleaver II Blvd., Kansas City.
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services also has a COVID hotline manned from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., weekdays. The number is 877-435-8411.
Other local testing resources: COVID testing is also available at local pharmacies including Hy-Vee Pharmacy, CVS, Walgreens and Crosetti’s Health & Wellness in Grain Valley.