Texas A&M at Auburn odds, picks and prediction
The No. 6 Texas A&M Aggies (6-1 overall, 6-1 SEC) visit the Auburn Tigers (5-3, 5-3) Saturday for a noon ET kickoff at Jordan-Hare Stadium. Below, we analyze the Texas A&M-Auburn college football betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
The Aggies are No. 6 in the Amway Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Texas A&M at Auburn: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line : Texas A&M -233 (bet $233 to win $100) | Auburn +190 (bet $100 to win $190)
- Against the spread/ATS : Texas A&M -6 (-125) | Auburn +6 (+105)
- Over/Under : 47.5 (O: -134 | U: +110)
Texas A&M at Auburn: Three things to know
- Texas A&M won a windy, rain-soaked game at LSU 20-7 but took an ATS loss as a 16-point home favorite last week. QB Kellen Mond struggled to find his groove in the poor weather conditions, completing 11 of 34 passes for 105 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions.
- Auburn got steamrolled by Alabama in the Iron Bowl 43-12 and wasn't able to cover as a 25.5-point road underdog this past Saturday. Crimson Tide QB Mac Jones torched the Tigers for 302 passing yards with 5 touchdowns and no picks.
- Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn has outfoxed Jimbo Fisher in both Texas A&M-Auburn games since Fisher took the Aggies head coaching gig in 2018. The Tigers are 2-0 straight up and ATS, but the Aggies hold an edge in total yards (814-579) and first downs (51-29).
Texas A&M at Auburn:Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Auburn 24, Texas A&M 17
Money line (ML)
Let's not overreact to Auburn getting boat raced by Alabama in last week's Iron Bowl. The Tigers were heavy underdogs for a reason, and the Aggies don't have nearly the passing game the Tide does. Mond is ranked 80th in the country in completion percentage and 40th in passer-efficiency rating.
I give Auburn a real shot to win this game because I like how its offensive line matches up with Texas A&M's defensive line. Auburn's offensive line is 12th in line yards per carry, 10th in opportunity rate and 22nd in stuff rate; Texas A&M's defensive line is 68th in opportunity rate and 98th in power success rate, according to Football Outsiders.
The Tigers can keep the chains moving and control the tempo of this game. I leanAUBURN +190 for a quarter-unit.
Against the spread (ATS)
Texas A&M's rush defense numbers look good, but it hasn't played many good rushing teams and no one as committed to the run as Auburn. Also, the Tigers defense can have a bounce-back game against a far less explosive Aggies pass game.
Plus, this is a pros vs. joes spot where 68% of the money bet is on the Auburn line, but 65% of the bets placed are on Texas A&M laying points. Auburn is 4-0 and 3-1 ATS at home this season and has covered three straight vs. Texas A&M. The Tigers generally improve as the season progresses. Auburn is 6-1 ATS in its last seven games in December.
GIMME AUBURN +6 (+105) for 1.75 units.
PASS. The market has juiced the Over up to -134 and I don't have as strong of a feeling on the Under as I do Auburn plus points.
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.