It looks as if September will close out with the glorious weather that’s been around for almost the entire month.
Highs aren’t expected to exceed 80 this week, and lows will be in the 50s. It’ll be mostly sunny, and there’s no rain in the forecast through at least the upcoming weekend.
It’s been a moderate month. According to the National Weather Service, after highs well above 90 during most of the Labor Day weekend, the high has been above 83 just once since then – 91 on Sept 13 – in Independence. Lows have been in the 40s and 50s virtually every night. The average high this month in Independence has been 77.3, compared with a normal of 79.3 and last year’s 81.1
It’s also been dry. After more than an inch of rain on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, the only substantial rain since is a little more than half an inch that fell Sept. 18 and 19.
Today’s expected high of 70 is a little below the average of 75. It’ll be breezy. Tonight’s low is expected to be 49.
The rest of the week:
• Tuesday – sunny, high 74, low 56.
• Wednesay – sunny, high near 80, low 58.
• Thursday – sunny, high near 80, low 58.
• Friday – sunny, high near 70, low 46.
• Saturday – sunny, high near 70, low around 50.
• It should be sunny and 74 for Sunday’s home Chiefs game.
National Weather Service: www.weather.gov/kc