The Fort Osage girls soccer team proved it can take a punch Thursday night.

The Fort Osage girls soccer team proved it can take a punch Thursday night.

After holding a one-goal lead for 79 minutes and 30 seconds in their match against Oak Park, the Indians allowed a score with 30 seconds left to send the contest to overtime. But Fleisha Jones buried her second score three minutes into OT off an assist from Aspen O’Neal to give Fort Osage the 2-1 Suburban Middle Seven Conference road victory.

“It was a terrific game,” Fort coach Andrew Fletcher said. “We played really well in the first half and I was proud of the way we reacted and came out in the overtime after giving up a tough goal.”

Alli Ventresca registered an assist on Jones’ first score in the 22nd minute as Fort improved to 1-1 and 1-0 in conference.

WILLIAM CHRISMAN 4, GRANDVIEW 0: Amanda Olsen tallied a pair of scores off assists from Allyssa Kyle in the 35th and 79th minutes to lead the unbeaten Bears to the home victory Thursday.

Maggie Beem added a score in the 55th minute and Ciera Perez connected on a goal in the 70th for the Bears (3-0).

“I thought we did a nice job possessing the ball,” Chrisman coach John Straub said. “We still need more composure from our attacking third.”

LEE’S SUMMIT 1, BLUE SPRINGS SOUTH 0 (PK): After going winless in the Suburban Big Six Conference last season, the Jaguars (1-1, 0-1) failed to end their losing skid Thursday at Lee’s Summit, but it looks like they’re going in the right direction.

South battled the Tigers to a scoreless tie for 100 minutes before getting clipped 4-3 in penalty kicks. Emily Griffin, Beth Landon and Peri Rainey scored in the shootout for South.

“Lee’s Summit is traditionally such a strong team,” South coach Todd Findley said. “To fight for 100 minutes of soccer like that, we’re disappointed but pleased with where we’re at to be challenging a very good conference team.”

Findley added that goalkeeper Kylie Young played an especially strong game, stopping seven shots.

O’HARA 3, GRAIN VALLEY 1: The Eagles couldn’t overcome a slow first half and suffered their first loss of the season Thursday at Grain Valley High School.

O’Hara seized a 2-0 lead in the first 40 minutes on goals in the seventh and 22nd minute. The deficit swelled to 3-0 in the 46th minute before Nathalia Barr scored on an assist from Morgan Clark a minute later to get the Eagles (2-1) on the board.

“We came out flat in the first half and were outmatched all over the field,” Grain Valley coach Aleana Balistreri said. “The second half was better for us, but we couldn’t put anything together to create opportunities for our offense.”

WARRENSBURG 10, OAK GROVE 0: The Panthers were shut out Thursday night on the road.